cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DMS Content Repository Configuration in OAC0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Could any one explain me who is responsible person for the configuartion of Content Repository & Content server Administration i.e. /OAC0 Transaction in IMG?

Whether it is BASIS Administrator or it should be done by DMS Functional consultant? I need this information as I am a DMS functional consulatnt & I am not much sure how to do this configuration of DMS server.

Thanks

Pkumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am doing the configuration in CS Admin from OAC0. When I am trying to update "Defined Map Rules" field in Setting Tab where we specify the folder on the documentum under which the content repository will be created, the path automatically changes from lower case to upper case the moment I save it. This results in creation of the CR to the upper case folder rather than lower case forlder in Documentum.

Please help me how to stop this case conversion.

Thanks

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

BASIS admin will configure the system for initial configuration of DMS i.e CSADMIN & OAC0 because Server IP and Port will be updated in OAC0 along with document area storage area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pravin

Here are the steps:

Once the content server is installed,

1) go to t.code OAC0 and click on edit

2) click on Create for new repository

3)I gave the below values for a UNIX based Content server and file system as HTTP Content server (Filesystem storage)

Content Rep: Give the name

Description

Document Area: Choose the document area like DMS or Archivelink etc

Storage type: Choose from the dropdown. I used 'HTTP Content server'

Version: 0046

HTTP Server: Give the hostname or IP address of the content server

Port number: 1090

HTTP Script: ContentServer/ContentServer.dll

Transfer drctry: path of the cont rep root

4) Save it and click on CS Admin button on the right

5) You need to create the repository in the next screen

Below values are for file system storage and Content repository as storage type:

Storage         FileSystemStorage.dll

ContRepRoot     /home/sapcs/contrep

StorageDriver   FSStorage

Security        1

6) Click on Create.

7) Exchange the certificates by clicking on send button and activate it by selecting

😎 Go back to OAc0 screen by backing out

9) Check the ping (Test Connection)

Also pls follow my earlier thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3326307 for technical issues with test connection

Hope this helps.

Regards

Venkata Kuppili

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Basis person installs the content server and configures the same in CSADMIN.

Rest other configurations like OAC0, DC10, DC20 etc should be done by DMS consultant.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

Hi,

As said by Deepak, Basis has to install the content server and even the OAC0 settting is being done by basis guy in some case, if the DMS consultant is not competent enough to do the same.

You can ask your basis guy to make the setting for OAC0.

Thanks,

Waris