Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport PI objects from dev to quality using CTS+ solution manager

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We have MDM-PI-CRM and CRM-PI-MDM scenarios at dev PI7.31..... We have Solution manager at our landscape.... Pls tell me how to transport objects from dev to quality....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Step1 : In sol man with using CRMD_ORDER T.Code, you have to create one project change Request(PR), then set in to development status your PR and save it and assign the package and user then save it again, then log in source system( development system).

Step2: after log in the source system choose your objects, i.e IR or ID objects, then click on Exporting the objects,

Step3: after that Open the CTS+ screen select your PR then click on finish.

Step4 : again come back to Sol man, select your PR, put in status in QA and save it. then your objects automatically move to QA (if the Job runs background, usually job runs every 30 mins).

If job not run in back ground then follow this step

Step5: Go to se10 in development system, release the TR, Go to  stms in quality system , select(double click) your quality system in displayed systems  and find your TR in import queue and click on import request

Thanks,

Seshu.

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

This is what exactly i was looking for...actual steps...thanks alot...

I ve few doubts here....

STEP 1 - ASSIGN PACKAGE AND USER...... Do i need to create any ZPACKAGE IN WE80??? and then use it here??? USER - Its my ID ryt???

STEP 3 - HOW TO OPEN CTS+ SCREEN??AND IN WHICH SYSTEM???PI SYSTEM OR SOLUTION MANAGER SYSTEM??? ANY TCODE FOR THIS?????

I opened TCODE CRMD_ORDER...... I cudn't find any option for "Create Proj Change Request(PR)"..pls share path or screen shot.....

Message was edited by: Rashmi Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Step1: you need not create any package here. Just ask your lead or manager. This is necessary to assign the package. user ID means your ID only

Step3: when you adding your objects it will show the CTS+ option. it's in development system only.

CRMD_ORDER- T.Code  Screen here

Could you please assign me points if it is useful.

Thanks,

Seshu.

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

I am still having confusion in point 1....

from where to get package??? wat exactlt this packg contain...

can u pls giv ny example so that it wil b easy to understand....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

when we want to transfer objects one system to another system, we have to assign the package right?. without package we could not transfer the object.

Just to clarify a few basic concepts:

A transport package (formerly called a "development class", a term you may still encounter) groups related development objects. Whenever you create a new development object (table, program, ...) you have to assign it to a package; the object is then placed into a transport request. Alternatively you can indicate it is a local object (its package is then "$TMP") but such an object is non-transportable.

A transport layer identifies the route that transportable devmt objects must follow. Typically in your system you will have two layers: a layer usually called Zxxx (with xxx = SID of your development system) is used for your own developments. Another layer called "SAP" is used for transporting SAP objects, for example changes to standard SAP code implemented via transaction SNOTE and recorded in repairs. Without the "SAP" layer in place, repairs would be non-transportable.

Each transport package belongs to a layer. You assign the layer when you create a new package in transaction SE80. You can change the layer later on, but this is rarely needed and can cause quite a few side-effects. SAP objects always have layer "SAP". The layers themselves are managed in STMS, under "Transport Routes".

Hope this clarifies things,

Thanks,

Seshu.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rashmi,

For PI NWDI transport, you need to export the PI objects by clicking on respective Namespaces in SWCV.

In Integration directory right click on configuration scenraios & click on exxport. Make sure all the business systems, services, channels & RD, ID, RA, SA are also transported.

If you have proxies then you need to get the TR created in SE10.

Get these detauils to Basis team. Get a request created in SOLMAN and add the TR to this request. On approval of the request all the objects would be transported from DEV to QA.

Regards,

Ashish

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

You can use the below link to transport the with CTS+:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20ccd0ec-2839-2b10-0097-828fcd8ed...

Regards,

Sreeni.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

The transport mechanism stated by HARI is correct but he missed to mention about Solution Manager Part.

Solution manager is used with CTS+ transport to monitor the transport across different environment.

After the TR is created in Dev PI server. You need to create a request in SOLMAN and add the TR to this request which is then approved by different owners and generally a batch job runs which pushes the TR object from Dev to Quality, Quality to Prod... and proper audit logs are available in the SOLMAN.

Regards

Anand

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Are you asking procedure or sequence to move TR to quality?

Procedure:

1. Go to se10 in development system, release the TR (click on orange truck symbol ).

2.Go to  stms in quality system , select(double click) your quality system in displayed systems  and find your TR in import queue and click on import request(grey truck symbol).

That's it you imported TR to quality system.

Sequence:

Move ESR objects TR's first ,then ID objects .

Regards

Hari.

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I dev 2 scenarios...MDM PI CRM and CRM PI MDM...

I got new task to move these scenarios from dev to quality using SOLUTION MANAGER... I dont knw hw to do this... Pls help....

This is wat i gt in SE10...no orange truck....n hw tht truck wil know which objcts i need to transfr???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Click on Display Icon, then you will find the truck, then select your request and click on the truck.

Thanks,

Seshu.