cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when Free Goods are being added to Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I am creating a Sales Order using a flat file (BAPI), I have an issue when one of the materials has an associated free goods and the line item is not the last line.

SAP tries to add a new line for the free good using the next item number in sequence, but it does not seem to realize that the next item number has been used for a different material in the sales order and so it throws an error "Item ### already exists" - message class V1 and message number 385.

There is no issue if the line item with the free good is the last line on the sales order.

I am able to replicate this in VA01 / VA02 as well by assigning the line items myself when entering the materials on the sales order screen.

Again, when I enter one line at a time and hit ENTER key, I do not have any issues.

Should SAP not take care of the line item number determination automatically while adding a free good to the sales order?

Please share you experience / solution if any for this issue.

I tried looking for SAP Notes, but was not able to find any for this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Keerthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

For free goods system automatically enter line item number. In your case if it is not assigning line item number automatically then there must be some problem. Can you please check in VOV8 what is maintained in line item number increment field. Also share are you creating this with BAPI? Which BAPI. Please try to maintain 1 second gap in entering each line item.

Thank$

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i think in sales document definition, display range all, there check you have selected all items or not, if select main items, it wont display. and as suggested mojjam, check, sub item no. increment at sale doc definition.

warm regards,

jagaeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were able to resolve this by changing the number range and increment factor for free goods to be added to the sales orders.

Thank you all for your responses.

Regards,

Keerthi