cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap* password

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi i forgot the password of sap* in 000 client then i went to cmd prompt and deleted from usr02 then i am able to login to sap* with "pass" password but i am unable to change the password when i am trying to change it su01 i am getting this message "sap* does not exist"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

just restart your system, SAP* will recreate itself......

thanks

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it won't. After deleting the sap* user to "break in" to a client, you have to create the user manually in SU01. Create it like any other user, and give it the profile SAP_ALL.

Steve.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good Day

i went to cmd prompt and deleted from usr02 then i am able to login to sap* with "pass" password but i am unable to change the password when i am trying to change it su01 i am getting this message "sap* does not exist"

You have already deleted the SAP* user from the system then how can the user be seen in SU01 ?

The SAP* user is a programmed in the system and will let you login even if it is present or not.

If the user is present in the system it will let you login with the right password.

If the user is NOT present (deleted) then the system will still let you login with the password PASS provided the login/no_automatic_user_sapstar parameter has the value 0

As you deleted the SAP* user therefore no authorisation checks were done and you were able to login with the password PASS (hardcoded).

Now you need to recreate the SAP* user in the client if you want set a new password for the user.

Please go through this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/52/671792439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/content.htm

Instead of deleting the SAP* user it is better to rename the user from the SQL level so once you are done with your actions you can rename it back to SAP*.

Check this link:

http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_reset_user_SAP*

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like the idea of renaming it, so you can be sure of putting it back exactly as it was. Of course, you'll need to put it back while still logged in so you can change the password, otherwise you'll be back where you started!

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After that did you restart your server ?

If no, please restart and try to login  again and check whether you are able to change the password.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vimal,

thanks for reply,i did it several times but nothing is getting worked is there any other way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in os level and see whether SAP* user exists.

If not, you can create a user sap* in 000 client manually.

Please take a reference from any other system and create the sap* manually.

This is an another way work around.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You check in OS level by executing the following.

1. Login as orasid

2.sqlplus "/as sysdba"

3.select bname,mandt from sapsr3.usr02 where mandt= '000';

if you are seeing SAP* user  in 000 client, then you should be able to login to SAPGUI level.

If not, please create as I suggested as above.