cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work center field greyed out in Quality Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

When i create a Quality notification from Defects recording screen, Work center & Plant for work center fields greyed out in the Notification in QM02.

But when i create notification manually with same notification type, the above said fields are editable.

1. Is there any way to make these 2 fields editable in QM02?

2. Also any possibilities to get these 2 fields populated with some default values from the Inspection lot?

Thank you.

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you maintaining the work center in your inspection lot.  An automatically created defect should take the work center form the inspection lot.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Where to maintain work center in an inspection lot?

Bcoz I'm unable to see the work center in inspection lot.

From where this work center field is getting populated in inspection lot & under which tab in inspection lot is displayed?

Regards,

VINOD.V

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Workcenters are set up on the operation level of the inspection plan.  (If an 03 lot in the routing, process or production order). 

Craig

0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Check your Inspection plan, where u definitely maintained control key at operation level.

And Inspection lot was generated for the particular material with the Quality Plan (where you have maintained Control key) and probably you are entering defects from the Inspection lot, after that you have created Notification.------- i hope i understood the process 🙂

I hope this is the standard behaviour of the system which should not allow you to change the work center using tcode : QM02 since it was created from inspection lot automatically while recording defects, but this is not in case of manual creation of Notification where there is no direct link between the Inspection plan where control key doesn't comes in to picture.

reply me in case of any query.

reg. point no.:2 am not sure about your requirement

Are you expecting any std. report in SAP which will populate control key in QA32 report, hopefuly u have to do some enhancement using ur tech team for populating the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the field selection option of QM notification, whether those fields are made in disabled mode in change notification.

What about those fields status in change mode for the manually created notification in QM01??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked in OQM1, and the fields are selected with the option "Input".

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OQM1, Click Influencing field. Double click on Activity Category & input the field as Change & check the same fields.

What about those fields in change mode when you created using QM01??

Please update answers for that.

hasanz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

I have the same problem but it didnt work as u suggested.

For manually created notification it is in change mode while for system generated notification it is non editable.