cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to grant access to an analytic view?

former_member197665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am just starting with HANA and I am really confused about authorizations. I have created a schema, a table, a package, an analytical view and a user which should be able to see the analytical view. Ich have granted the sql select and execute authorizations to my new schema and the schema _SYS_BIC and the package privilege to my new package, no analytical privileges yet.

When I try to execute the data preview with my new user, I get this error:

Could not execute 'SELECT * FROM "_SYS_BIC"."simon/HISTORY/cluster/hier/cluster" SAP DBTech JDBC:[258] (at 25): insufficient privilege: Not authorized: line 1 col 26 (at pos 25).

The preview works for user _SYS_REPO. Which privilege might be missing for my new user? Are analytical privilege mandantory when working with an analytical view?

Thanks for any hint.

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon

Analytical Privileges are not mandatory if any had been applied that would help you to apply row-level security, which is more helpful in the reporting layer.

Can you check whether the you selcted  Grantable to others radio button while giving access to your schema for_SYS_REPO user.

Thanks

Santosh

former_member197665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

thanks for your answer, I checked the grantable to other users option for _SYS_REPO for my schema and miraculously the user I created was able to view the data in my analytical view, altought I did not change that user. Don't really understand the concept behind this, but it works.

Regards, Simon

Answers (0)