cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP 6.0 Ehp4 Upgrade to Ehp6 on RED HAT Linux 5.5 / Oracle - Distrbuted Installation

teco
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

in our company, we are planning to upgrade our SAP ERP systems from version 6.0 Ehp4 on Netweaver 7.0 Ehp1 to Ehp6 on Netweaver 7.0 Ehp3. Our landscape consists of 3 systems (Development - Quality - Productive) and our type of installation is distributed which means we have 3 sap application servers and 3 database servers. All the systems (application servers + database servers) run on RED HAT Linux Enterpise Edition 5.5. Oracle Version is 11.2.0.3 Enterprise Edition.

As I have seen on service.sap.com/pam, SAP ERP 6.0 Ehp6 on Netweaver 7.0 Ehp3 runs with SAP Kernel versions 720EXT-721EXT, that are not supported for RHEL 5.5. So our first step is to upgrade the operating system to RHEL 6. The question is if we can avoid upgrade the operating system of our Database Servers as Oracle 11.2.0.3 is ok and upgrade the O.S of SAP Applications Servers only.

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP recommendation, you should upgrade your database server to Red Hat 6 version. However, there is workaround available in which you need not to upgrade to Redhat 6 version but for this there are some limitations like you cannot use 720Ext kernel and you have to use 720 kernel. And support for 720 kernel for EHP6 is available till July 31st 2013.

For more information, you can refer to SAP note 1678024.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

I have the same problem but with SLES 10. We cannot upgrade to SLES11 at this moment but our Business people need of EHP6 for ECC 6.0.

Let me know if there is a workaround.

Best Regards

Bob