Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule/Resource

karthik_k3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having two different requirements in the current Mining business scenerio:

1 : Generally we plan the duration for an activites and it replicates in Network header dates and in Activity dates too. Here we are creating sub activity elements for Activity and giving no.of work hours.How come the duration replicates in Activity and finlly in Network.My scenerio is If i have to plan the duration for Activity elements and that has to reflect in Network activity.

2: Each activity has to be done with one or many resource & machine. Initially they have to maintain the resource/Machine data(it comes as Available Resource).Then they have to plan for the requirement(Required Resource).Next they will allocate the Resource for each activity( Allocation). Then finally they will confirm the available resource for the activities(Actual). And then the Activity starts.

Can this be done in PS.? According to my knowldge allocating Activity types(Resource/machine--if many)in work center assigning to Activity or creating Activity elements for each Resource under the main Activity to complete the task. And we can fetch cost or work done (CJI3 or CN48N).

No HR integration for this process. So kindly show some light how can we map the Resource availabilty,Required Resource,Allocation Resource And Actual Resource(this we can do by assigning to work center on the particular day).

Your inputs are seriously considered.

Thank you in advance.

Sesha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing, if you are elaborating project structure with network activitiy elements, then you are suppose to maintain plan hours and resource allocation at activity element and not required to maintain at activity level.

The planned hours will not roll up at activity however you will see the aggregated values at network header level.

You can assign the resouces at activity element level. However to maintain the resouces you need to implement mini HR without HR being implemented it is not possible.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope by assigning the resources to activity element level, we can capture the resource cost , And for this they can might go for an option of work centre for each resource activity , and by miantaining the activity price in KP26 , Since generally this option is used for capturing the labour cost of an work centre, As per that we can assign the  Service work centre with Work Centre category of Resource ,Inspite of going for Seperate HR module.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

What you said is generally being practiced to get planned hours cost. Karthik will maintain those as is done at activity level.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

karthik_k3
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.