cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity Edit in Credit Memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I Create a Return Sales order for 10 items and return delivery and PGR for 10 items,  now after Quality inspection 8 is ok and 2 is rejected. So i will rise the credit memo with reference to Return sales order.

Now instead of 10 items i want to rise credit memo for 8.  How can i change this.

i went to tool bar edit and checked but i am not able to do so.

Please suggest on the above.

Thanks in advance

Rishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ambarish,

I am assuming that already there is a business agreement between your company and the client, that if the goods pass your company's quality inspection, only then the amount shall be credited to the customers.

You can create a credit memo request based on the RE sales order. In the CR memo request, change the quantity from 10 to 8 EA and then create a credit memo.

In the RE order set a billing block. As billing (Credit memo should not be created for this RE order, ever!)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Based on my understanding on your solution, I am giving my below view.

When you keep Billing block for RE you would still see the return order as Open order forever. Moreover, you have risk involved here. If by mistake user remove the block, then it will create Delivery, PGR and another credit memo.

Instead, Can we think in the below way:

Create RE for 10 qty.

Complete Delivery and PGR for 10 Qty.

During quality check if 2 are damaged then go back to RE and change the qty to 8 and add another line item with 2 qty, but for this keep reason for rejection.

Now, when we create Credit memo with reference to RE order, in the credit memo it will consider 8 + 2 but, it will take the value for 8 qty only.

In the form, small logic has to be written, if RE has any reason for rejection and Net value for that item is Zero in credit memo then print the reason for rejection ( I assume that, we can have quality related reason for rejection).

Let me know if  there is any flaw in my suggestion.

Regards, Sai Krishna

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai

This is a good solution but I wonder what is SAP best practice in this scenario. Your solution is workable but I think this is not SAP best practice. Can you please share if you have done this in any of your projects?

Thank$

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ambarish,

If the standard RE process is to check the returned goods; thereafter give back money based on the checking / inspection process then I would suggest the below process:

Summary / overview:

1. RE order > RE delivery

2. QI (not in SAP)

3. Credit memo request > removing billing block > Credit memo

Detailed description:

1. Create RE order w.reference.t F2 Billing document > RE delivery > PGR

RE order (e.g. has 10 quantity).

In the return process there is NO RE billing document.

In other words, in VTFL or in VTFA -

LR to .... does not exist

RE to.... does not exist

2. Outside SAP: QI done, number of OK goods calculated (e.g. 8 quantity is OK, 2 NOT OK)

3. Credit memo request (Here PO number can be give as the RE order number) - This is created manually by the user and the quantity is OK quantity (i.e. 8 and not 10)

probably with a different Sales document type ZRCR and a different number range

With billing block (in VOV8)

Remove billing block by concerned person and create a Credit memo the quantity comes from the Credit memo request i.e. OK quantity (i.e. 8 quantity)

probably with a different Billing type ZRG2 and a different number range

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

You are creating billing of return w.r.t to return order or delivery?

Please check below link for further understanding.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3219144

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Could you please inform why is it important to know whether the credit memo would be created with reference to RE order or RE delivery?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir

I just wanted to know the process. Return delivery or return order can't control the quantity.

The process you are sharing seems ok but lengthy. Thanks for sharing.

Thank$

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Is system allowing you to cancel the PGR document ?

How did you do the inspection check is it Via UD?

Regards, Sai krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

Is system allowing you to cancel the PGR document ?

The quantity in the RE delivery & PGR; and the quantity physically received as returns is equal, that is 10 EA.

Would changing the amount of goods in RE order, RE delivery or PGR be correct?

And is that the way these business scenarios are handled in real-time?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Yes, you are correct. We are supposed to take both 8 & 2. But, credit memo should be give for 8 qty.

Now, why I asked the question that whether its allowing to do PGR reversal or not is, they can create 2 return orders or have 2 lines in return order, one with 8 qty which is allowed for credit memo and another line item or another return order with qty 2 can be managed for for relevant for billing.

Coming to your suggestion: If we keep billing block, i guess in the document flow it still shows as open order.

Regards, Sai krishna.