cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is samrat here. I have come with a transport issue. Before a month i have taken a client export/import from our production to quality client. During this operation export had been getting error for 1-2 times, because of trans file system getting full. After reduce some old files export finished successfully. Then i have deleted 2-3 transport requests with their cofiles and data files which are created during export getting error. But the problem i am facing now that is, while i am trying to adjust  import queue for new trs then system showing an error:

i) Transfer transport files for 4 transport requests from import queue SID.( Which were deleted).

ii) After pressing yes button then it showing

System    SID              Command  TMS_MGR_TRANSMIT_TR_QUEUE

Client       210                Service  Transport Service

User        BASIS            Start    Online

Date        29.03.2013      Function TMS_TP_ADD2BUFFER

Time        09:57:49         Message  FTP_FAILED

Source file could not be opened.

But still i am not getting any stuck with transport. Stms_import getting successfully finished.

Please help me to sort out the issue.

Thanks,

Samrat Chakraborty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear samrat,

I already face this issue. Please try Transport control program command

tp addtobuffer <request> <sapsid>

Registers the specified request as the last
request to be imported. If the request has already been registered for import,
it is deleted from its current position and placed at the end of the string.
The sequence of the import may therefore be changed by the command.

I hope that it will help you

Regards,

Prabaharan B

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat,

It could be due to permission of datafile and cofiles ,please check and adjust it accodingly.

have you checked your datafile and confiles are not correpted.

Best Regards,

Atul

david_liu1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The cause of this error is either the data file and cofile corresponding to transport request do not exit
in <DIR_TRANS>/data and <DIR_TRANS>/cofiles of the system or the read authorizations of the data file and cofile are missing.

Therefore, you need to check first if the files in
<DIR_TRANS>/data/
<DIR_TRANS>/cofiles/

Regards,

David

abhijeet_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

As what i understood from the question and the error message is that ...

You are trying to import a tranport request for which you have "intentionally" deleted the cofiles and data. If for any transport cofiles and data is missing then it can NEVER be transported.

Now what can be done is
1. Check your spam/saint queue whether there is any incomplete import. If you see any and they are not required then do following "SE37 -> OCS_RESET_QUEUE". It will delete the queue and all data associated with it and system will be set in pre released status (caution : only do when those sp's have not reached SCHEDULE_RDDIMPDP )

2.  try to re-release the transport by creating a new transport request.Use following for it

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/how-to-rerelease-the-customization-re... 

Thanks

Abhijeet

Do reward point, if it assisted.