Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was running RSM13000?

former_member197700
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I was called out for an on call alert raised due an update process (UPD Work Process)  that ran for more than an hour.  I did not see the update in real time and need to figure out what ran that update.  In st03 -> detailed analysis or in stad/stattrace, we can only see that the update was running RSM13000 and we can see the user name (which is a batch job user).  I can see other records in stad show a transaction, but the one that ran long only lists RSM13000.   How can I figure out what job did this update?

Warm Regards,

CM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197700
Participant

Found the solution:  Get the transaction id from stad or stattrace and then use stad to search by transaction id.  It can be seen what other steps used that transaction id and the mystery unravels from there.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you mentioned Transaction ID in STAD are you referring to the Transaction ID that looks something like this:  ptsapp01601515090816050503712300?  Or like MM03?

I've been trying to find a way to use STAD to search by ptsapp01601515090816050503712300 but haven't been able to find this.

Regards,

Steve

former_member197700
Participant
0 Kudos

Neither.  When viewing stad results, use the 'select fields' icon to add fields to the display.  Add in the field "transaction id".  It is a long hex number, for example  B14F713563B9A108A9560050569E0980.   Alternatively, if you drill into one of the stad entries, it is listed as "Trans.-ID"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is the same Trans-ID I was mentioning in my first example.  I see how you add it to the output screen.  To search you must be using the Find feature.  I was hoping to find a way to search from the initial STAD selection screen but this has good potential.  Thanks.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clifton,

Incase you know the time when this situation occurred you may find out details in SM13.

You may also trace down to the program or tcode which resulted into that.

Also some information on this delay could be captured in SM21 logs as well as database logs.

Regards,

Deepak Kori