cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Tcode to open XI_AF_SVC_ID_MAP table and remove duplicate message id?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting error A duplicate JMS message was received. It was was received earlier and processed with the XI message ID 83947b4c-2a30-409e-2d9c-ef5f4d4fbbb6. It will be ignored and discarded from the JMS queue.

After searching SCN I found most reply says to remove the duplicate message from XI_AF_SVC_ID_MAP table. I want to know what is the Tcode or how to get to the table XI_AF_SVC_ID_MAP and then what is the process to delete it.

Also by doing this will it solve the issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shaibayan!

If you have PI7.3 / 7.31, you can use the duplicated message handling feature from JMS adapter, as described on the note below

1620566 - JMS Adapter - Duplicate Message Handling

Otherwise, if PI7.1, you can set the "Time period for duplicate check" to 0, as per note below:
1710948 - JMS Sender channel: Enable duplicate JMS Message ID handling

An identifier is generated based on the JMS header information, and this is stored for a period of time on the *SVC_ID_MAP table. Setting the above parameter to 0 removes the entry from the database.

EDIT: More information also on FAQ question "2.11) How does the parameter "Time Period for Duplicate Check for EO(IO) (secs)" work?" of the SAP note

856346 - J2EE JMS Adapter: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

BR,

Lucas Santos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaibayan,

XI_AF_SVC_ID_MAP table resides in the JAVA stack with the structure as MSG_ID1 (varchar), MSG_ID2 (varchar), PERSIST_UNTIL (timestamp).

Here, the JMS ID, Message ID and the time for persistence is maintained.

Unfortunately, from NWA we only have read access to this table from Java stack. So, the BASIS team needs to access the DB at OS level and delete the entry.

But obviously, in the production, this solution wont work as BASIS team wont do the same in production. So, please check the root cause of this issue and prevent creation to two different messages with same JMS ID.

From my experience, I have seen such issue occurs when in PI we have two different instance/cluster nodes active and if there is a failure in the JMS server.

Thnaks,

Ashish

ashish_goel4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

How can we resolve this issue permanently where it occurs because of JMS server failure.

Can I set "time period for duplicate check for EO(IO) (secs) to 0.

Thanks,

Ashish

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask you basis team execute DB query in OS level and share table name details.

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

The  tables mentioned are lying in the Java stack. Which version are you working on?