cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FPM supports adding column into list GUIBB dynamically?

zhaoyo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Do you know how to add new column into list GUIBB without add it in configuration screen? Is this functionality supported by FPM?

For example, I have a structure which contains 10 fields, and I only configure 4 fields in configuration screen. Now I want to add other fields by code (feeder class). How to implement this? Thank you!

Thanks and best regards,

Yong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yong,

FPM support dynmization of UI item into application , this you can achive by coding in your feeder and implement method get_default_config. But it doesn't support any dynamic add and remove of UI element into static configuration. FPM provide hide/unhide feature of column in the list.

Note : If you are ading configuration dynamically then your configuration should be blank.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

cain_sun
Participant
0 Kudos

Does FPM support change the position of fields at run-time? I want to re-set the sequence of fields by user actions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cain,

Yes it is possible to change the position of fields at run-time. But you have to go through following point's.

1. Design your configuration by implementing the IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM~GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG method of form UIBB.

2. If you want to change the form configuration at run time or chang the position of fields at run time by user action,then you have to remove the configuration and add the configuration again with the different instance id.

Then IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM~GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG method will call again via FPM framework ,so on user action you can redefine your configuration or changeg the position at runtime.

Note : If you are using IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM~GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG method then your configuration should be blank other wise it will not take effect if you do coding in your defualut config method.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

cain_sun
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen, but how can I add the configuration again with different instance ID? In AppCC override method?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cain,

Yes you have to add the configuration again with different instance ID.In AppCC override method you have to catch user action ,remove the uibb configuration and add again with the different instance id.

So if new instance created for the list UIBB then automatically it calls the get_default_config method of the respective feeder class.

So implement your get definitiion method according to dynamic change of field position.

Hopefully this will work

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have similar requirement , where fields needs to be added dynamically to Config Editor for FORM/LIST UIBB and list of fields will come from some custom table .

I tried to implement get_default_config , but its not triggered. Can you please tell,if I need to call this method explicitly from any other method.

I m new to FPM .Can you please provide any example .Thank you in advance.

former_member205613
Participant
0 Kudos

dear Deepa,

the method is only called when there are no fields configured in the configuration.

If you want to have the fields/columns dynamic you have to add the interface IF_FPM_GUIBB_DYNAMIC_CONFIG to your feederclass and implement the method HAS_DYNAMIC_CONFIGURATION. If you set the returning parameter rv_has_dynamic_configuration then the methode get_default_config is called each time the application is loaded and in much more cases.

regards
Heike

Answers (0)