cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters defined in SAP HANA don't display as Prompt in Web Intelligence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently developing a universe based on a calculation view that has multiple calculated columns. One of those columns is calculated based on 2 input parameters defined in the calculation view. To use the input parameters I created a derived table in my data foundation and assigned 2 placeholders  with prompts that refer to parameters defined in the business layer. So far so good.

I developed a business layer and when I define a query within the IDT (business layer) I'm prompted as expected. When I enter the values the result is as expected. Unfortunately when I use the universe in Web Intelligence and build a query in the query panel I get an error message: Error when trying to refresh the current report. When I confirm this message it states that:

Database error: SAP DBTech JDBC: [257] (at 2715): sql syntax error: incorrect syntax near "@": line 57 col 106 (at pos 2715). (IES 10901) (WIS 10901)

This points to me that there is something wrong with the @prompt at runtime. But the derived table validates and is working from within the IDT. Can anybody help me figure out what I'm missing?

Thanks for your reply!

With kind regards,

Martijn van Foeken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even though this is related to consuming data from HANA, it's related to an issue with WebI, isn't it? Maybe you should try to ask it in the WebI space:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

I managed to resolve the issue. I left a reply in a different thread explaining the resolution: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3293508

With kind regards,

Martijn van Foeken