cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC: Invalid variant called ABAP Report AUT_REP10

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

This is the situation. I would like to create a PC control with a datasource and business rule based on ABAP report AUT_REP10.

To accomplish this goal I have promoted the abap report AUT_REP10 with transaction code GRCPI/OVERVIEW and added a variant based on subscreen 0140 in the target system. I was able to successful schedule this variant as a background job and validate the result.

However each time I execute a job in GRC with the PC control based on the abap report AUT_REP10 and the particular variant I will get the error (in the target system) that an invalid variant is called for transaction code AUT_REP10.

Check the variant. It may only be assigned to one selection screen. Only the subscreens 0140, 0150, 0160, and 0170 are valid.

But that is weird since the variant I created uses subscreen 0140.

Any thoughts? We are running GRC 10.0 SP11

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some additional information:

Diagnosis

The system outputs this message at the start of every job step and is therefore usually located in a job log.

This message means that step 001 is currently being started. The additional parameters give further details on the step itself:

- the ABAp program executed in this step (here AUT_REP10)

- the corresponding parameter (here &0000000000001)

If this field is empty, then program AUT_REP10 does not need any parameters.

- the name of the user with whose authorization program   AUT_REP10 is executed (here GRCADM)

The corresponding parameters in the failed attempts can also be &0000000000002, &0000000000009 etc.. Looks like a random value. The variant I selected while scheduling the job is named NEW_VARIANT which has only subscreen 0140 assigned to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to find how to use AUT_REP10 as ABAP Report in PC10. I am also trying to use this program in Data Source but Business Rule is not generating any results. Job is in progress status and never getting completed. I even defined the filter on Screen No. as 150 but still no output..

Are you able to this program in PC?

Thanks for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishhek,

See the answer below

I have debugged the scenario.

From GRC the correct variant is passed to submit the job. The issue is

because this particular abap report is explicitly selecting the

SY-slset instead of the variant from the job submitted.

This is technical limitation and the behaviour of ABAP report AUT_REP10

cannot be supported from GRC .

This problem is not with other standard ABAP report like RSUSR002 .

Also the report is having call screen option.  ABAP report is qualified

if its satisfies all the condition mentioned after executing the tcode

/n/GRCPI/OVERVIEW.

In GRC we don't support the ABAP reports having nested condition and it

is mentioned under Exception check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response.

We are on PC 10 SP13. With some hit and trial, I am able to use report AUT_REP10 in ABAP report scenario. I am not using any variant instead I defined the values in my Business Rule like screen Number, Date and Table. I am able to use this report now in BR. I scheduled the BR and able to display the expected result in job results.

Best Regards,

Abhishek