cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of existing Characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Instead of adding a new characteristic which brings in the complexity of deactivating the Planning area,etc, I have 2 characteristics which are not used for business requirements.

So can I use these two characteristics replacing with two new characteristics that am planning to add. If so what would be the steps that I need to perform. As far as I know it would call for the same process that we need to adopt as like adding a new characteristic.

Request your helpful answers. Thanks.

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think your situation is much simplified by the reuse

You can rename the Cha and not have to reinitialize the MPOS.

Also you need to knw a few things before you start.

In your new setup what part of the current Plannign area data do you expect to retain. Remember you have no data in the new characteristic combinations as of now. Do you expect all the planning area currently in the other characteristic levels to be the same?

You will have consider each KF in your current Planning area against the new Char combinations that will appear.

Do you know how the KF values for the new characteristics will be populated?

All KF dont have to behave similarly and dont have to be loaded with data in a similar fashion.

Sales order History for eg may come from the input cube

Statistical Forecast can be generated afresh from the program

Manual inputs such as adjustments can be copied back from the back up cube at the characteristic levels that you have in common now and then disaggregated

Once you know this you can firure out the exact steps needed

does it make things clearer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

I think this is a matter of how you would convert existing CVC's and how you would populate new characteristics.

If your CVC's are created from a Sales History infocube,

1- make sure you have those characteristics populated in the cube with new values. (you may need to map them from BW input cube)

2- take a back-up of the LC into an infocube.

3- Re-initalize LC

4- Load from Sales History infocube (assuming data in the cube, otherwise, initalize the cube and load from BW)

Siir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siir,

But before I do anything, I need to deactivate the old characteristics am i right? If I do so, the CVCs are lost?.

How do I load data from infocube to Planning area, I must regenerate the CVCs am I right? Actually am not clear about this ?

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you dont have to deactivate characteristics. Just rename it. Its only the description that appears in the interactive planning etc

You load planning area from infocube using transaction /sapapo/tscube or by program /sapapo/rtsinput_cube

check the reply on ur original Q for the steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Bala