cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe LiveCycle Designer 9.8 false install with SAP GUI 7.30

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am encountering an issue where Adobe LiveCycle Designer 9.8 is not actually installing with SAP GUI 7.30 core patch 3 on Windows 7, both 32-bit and 64-bit.  I have swapped out the two files referenced in SAP Note 1658830.   I think the issue is with the ALD NwSapSetup is an older version.  The SapAldSetup.exe inicates that Adobe LiveCycle Designer 9.8 is already installed.  The is no designer folder under c:\Program Files\Adobe!  I have an OSS Message opened with SAP with no solution as yet.

09:31:22 NwSapSetup  1   Server NwSapSetup (Version 8.6.1.74) is older then workstation NwSapSetup (Version 9.0.30.0). Going to start workstation executable

09:31:22 NwSapSetup  1  

09:31:22 NwSapSetup  1   The remainder of this logfile is written by the workstation NwSapSetup!

09:31:22 NwSapSetup  1  

09:31:22 NwSapFeiUt  1   Executing: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAPsetup\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /noMaintenanceMode /product:ALD /noPSI /noRestart "/InstallationSource:C:\Users\<username>\Documents\SAP\460226\2013\SAP GUI\Adobe Livecycle Dsigner 9.8.1\67837800102000002446"

09:31:22 NwSapFeiUt  1   Waiting with no time-out.

NwSapSetup.log:

NwSapFeiUt  1   Condition '%PRE_ALD%=FULFILLED' evaluated to true

NwSapFeiUt  1   This Execute-Action for 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAPsetup\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe' has the Return-Code: 67

Has anyone else encountered this issue with the SAP GUI 7.30 kernel?

I know patch 31 is available.

Regrads,

Dan Mead

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For anyone interested in this the problem is SapSetup patch 24 through 31.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our situation SAP gave us a two step process to install Adobe Livecycle designer 9.8.There is a bug introduced in SapSetup.exe patch 24 - 31 which is corrected in patch 32.  The other issue is with ALD installation media which requires extacting two xml file from SAP Note 1658830.

Step 1

Under C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SapSetup\setup: or  C:\Program Files\SAP\SapSetup\setup:

Delete the files sapaldwkstaui.xml and sapnwbc40wkstaui.xml.  Search for files, sap*wkstaui.xml, that have ProductVersion is set to 2147483647. Change the value of this xml attribute to ProductVersion="1"  On my test PC I could only find SapBiWkstaUI.xml.  If the attribute ProductVersion has a different value than 2147483647 you can leave it alone.

As a rule. If you find a sap*wkstaui.xml (lower case) without an according Sap*Wksta.xml, please delete this sap*wkstaui.xml.  If there is a Sap*Wksta.xml without an according Sap*WkstaUI.xml, this is ok.

Step 2

Extract the two files from SAP Note 1658830 called SapALDSetup.xml and SapALDShared.xml. Unpack the files to the 'Setup' directory of the LiveCycle Designer 9.8 installation. The existing files should be overwritten. When the file, sapaldwkstaui.xml, is deleted then SAPSetup will think that ALD is not installed which requires running NwSapSetup.exe

The erroneous state with ProductVersion="2147483647" only occurs on the hosts where you did an installation/update with SAPSetup 9.0.24.0. Other hosts are not affected. If ALD is installed on such a host, you can set all ProductVersion="2147483647" to ProductVersion="1" and call NwSapSetup /update. This will update all installed products on the host, that are available on the installation source, to the version of the installation source (either an installer or an installation server).

I was finally able to install ALD 9.8 with a previously installed SAP GUI for Windows 7.30 client using a Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Operating System. 

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Answers (0)