Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT based on quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario.

The MRP of a material is : Rs.10000/- (which includes VAT)

If we segregate VAT then it is (base price)  9478.67 + (VAT)  521.33

Now to resolve this we made PR00 = 9478.67 & ZVAT = 5.5% of PR00 and Also DIFF to remove paise.

The problem now is all the prices are not ending exactly as Rs.10000 (either they will come as 10001 or 9999).

Question

Can we make ZVAT as quantity based calculations i.e. Calculation type as "C" but condition category and class still remain as "D"

Or

Is there any other solution for this.

Regards

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, if you assign Alternate Calculation type routine 80 in your pricing procedure against your pricing condition type, then, it will work.  After assigning, try creating new sale order and check.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir, this worked. One entry positive we have passed to MWS for tax and another negative value we have passed to ERL which is reducing my total sale value.

Regards

Manish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you dont Can you check , what Value ,did you maintained in the Field of Calculation in that Condition Type ?

Note : Please have a look into Moderator post .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Can you try this way and see how its working..

Have 2 condition types:

1. ZMRP :

2. ZVAT : for this maintain calculation type = H

Now, maintain condition records, ZMRP = 10,000

ZVAT = 5.5%

I am sure you will get the correct value.

Please let me know if you need any additional help here.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Krishna,

This will not work as I need to have one negative condition also for the same VAT other wise the VAT will ht the accounts twice. One which is in MRP and one more against the ZVAT line item.

And negative qty for ZVT1 (created condition for negative entry) will not work for cal type "H".

2nd question. If I maintain the following for ZVAT I'm not able to maintain the data in VK11.

Condition class D  Tax

Calculat.type   C   Quantity

Condit.category D   Tax

I'm getting an error as "enter currency"

Enter a currency

Message no. VK010

Regards

Manish

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

System is asking for currency because the Calculation Type is C - Quantity. If you mark it as Percentage, then it will not ask for Currency.

By the way, why do you need negative condition for VAT?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

If i am not wrong your client must be in FMCG or Pharma Industry ( where we see MRP inclusive tax). In this business, we have to derive any discount for the retailers or wholesale distributors, we have to first deduct the tax portion from MRP and on that value we have to calculate the discount %. Please correct me if i am wrong here.

Find how I did the config.

PP: ( Here ZLSC is statistical condition)

ZMRP condition type:

ZLSC:

Sales order:

Now to get actual tax on net value: Add one more condition type which will be calculated on Net value. Point to be noted here: If you are doing this for India, few states may do the sales tax calculation on MRP price. In this case you have to write a routine under Alternative base cal for tax condition type, in that depends on the region of your sales office the tax will be calculated.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Krishna,

Yes we are implementing for a retail scenario.

The below cannot be achieved is what i understand, please let me know if im missing anything.

The MRP of a material is :

STEP 1: Rs.10000/- (which includes VAT) -- this will go to ERL

STEP 2: if VAT is calculated as percentage included ("H"): 909.9 -- this will go to MWS

STEP 3: How to deduct 909.9 of VAT which is passed to ERL (STEP1)

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Krishna,

I have replicate ure given case in my system but in sales order net value is summing up of both value ZMRP and ZLSC .

Suggest me where I m wrong.

Regards

Arun

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You are corect. Actually, we had a Enhancement to hide net value and also there is a routine at another step which is doing some calculation. So, by pasting my screenshots I totally ignored that fact.

Now, to acheive MRP-TAX = Net value, we have to play with Sub totals and Alt.Cal types.

Say For E.g. ZMRP will have Subtotal D and ZLSC will have E and Net value will have Cal type as 12.

I am just giving one example, like this we can have many alternatives as per the requirment.

Once again sorry for my previous post which caused the confusion here.

Regards, Sai Krishna.