cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quarantine management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have issues with our Quarantine Management. Our process for goods coming in from vendors is that Quality checks the goods. If they are non-conforming they raise an NCR and if the NCR isn't actioned in 5 days they are moved to block stock. The problem arises when the goods are moved into block stock.

Theoretically we get in 100 items from vendor.  NCR. On Day 6 they are moved to block stock because Manufacturing Engineers (ME) didn’t get to it in time.  On Day 7 buyer gets purchase req for 100 items since those fell off the radar. Buyer orders 100 more items.  ME’s look at NCR and decide it’s ok to use as is with a concession from Technology.  Now we have ordered 100 more than we need.

So is there a way to deal with this issue. How can we stop the goods from falling off the radar so that the Buyer doesnt get a purchase request.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by radar??

If you want to consider Blocked Stock as well in MRP run, configure the MRP parameters in such a way that to consider Blocked stock as well.

Note: Please close another thread which you opened for same query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By Radar i mean that it doesnt show those goods on the Buyers screen when it is moved to block.and sends him a notification to buy another batch,

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a pure business process.  You can't have your cake and eat it too.

What if the material really IS bad? Than you might want the purchase order placed.

The buyer's should know if any of the products they are responsible for are in blocked stock to begin with and should be reviewing them on a regular basis.  They should also be bugging the ME's to get the material reviewed quicker. 

I would possibly look at creating an automatic defect (via quality notification) and use the notification to generate an email to the responsible buyer in the PO.  This lets them know an order they put in has defective items. (I believe SAP delivers a standard process for notifying the buyer out-of-the box).  I wouldn't want to just blindly reorder from the same vendor without understanding the reason for blocking the material. 

The system is just a tool.  They shouldn't just take the proposals as gospel.

FF