cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interface design - PI to send data to 2 application

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI receives XML Invoice and need to give response to sender.

On the way PI has to send and receive data to SAP as well as 3rd party application.

Sender - PI - 3rd party & SAP (independently)

I am on PI 7.3 single stack.

how to proceed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sync scenarios always will have always one receiver and if you have SAP BPM instance then you could try to use BPM to achieve it.

or

split interface in two and try.

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using SAP PI 7.3 Single Stack.

I will explain this scenario in detail and need your help on it.

Sender is HTTP.

Steps are as below :

(1) PI has to receive HTTP request and send it to 3rd party application-HTTP request.

(2) PI has to send the same HTTP request to SAP - RFC request.

(3) PI has to receive SAP-RFC response and send it to 3rd party application.

(4) The 3rd party application will then send to PI- HTTP response.

(5) Based on step (4) ,the HTTP response will be sent to sender system.

Please let me know how it can be achieved and may be some helpful links or blog on the same.

Regards

Vijayant Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So is it like you need to merge RFC response and http request and send it to third party and whatever response you get will be sent to sender.

Its like HTTP to HTTP scenario where you can use RFC lookup and merge RFC response with HTTP request and send to third party.

Or you need to first send http request and then RFC response and then wait for response from third party?

In that case you will have to use BPM as it will be easy to track all messages.

But as you are on single stack , you may try sync-async bridge using adapter modules.

Please let us know if you need to send 2 requests one by one asynchronously or you need to send one request with both HTTP and RFC request data?

Regards,

Beena

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Do this need to be all real time or the responses can wait for a while?

If they can wait then this can be achieved by multiple asynch scenarios one-to-one.

If not then you need to have it configured through BPM.

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you wish to go for BPM,then your steps will be like:

1.Receive step to receive HTTP Request say Req1.

2.Send this request Req1 to 3rdParty & SAP in a fork step. The send step of sending to 3rdParty will be async & the one for SAP will be sync. The response from SAP is resp1.

3. A send step to send resp1 to 3rd Party. This send will be synchronous & will get back resp2.

4. A async send step to send resp2 back to the sender system.

I am not sure if I got ur requirement completely, but for BPM the steps will be more or less like this. It would be better if you have your transformation steps(mapping ) outside BPM by specifying operation mapping in Interface determination.You can refer to the Integration Patterns in ESR in BASIS SWCV for help on BPM design.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If believe your requirement is to send the XML to SAP as well third party & receive the responses to sender application.

If so which response the sender should expect, third party or SAP.

Regards,
Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please elaborate more?

If you just need to send xml invoice to 3rd party and sap , you can provide 2 receivers in ICO.