cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in ADS (Adobe Document Services)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We recently configured ADS in an ECC 6.0 system along with Solman 7.1.

Systems are on Solaris SunOS 5.10 and JSE 6.

At testing (report FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE) we encountered the following error in the target ECC 6.0 SAP system:

SYSTEM ERROR: ADS: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: CORBA Connection to XMLForm failed, please verify the binaries are deployed to the os_libs directory(200.101).

The report FP_PDF_TEST_00 returns the version 802.20110310060822.822093

ADS version on Solman, showed in nwa, is 7.02 SP11 (1000.7.02.11.0.20120216120248) ... quite new, considering that the Solman was recently upgraded.

After increasing the trace level for ADS (SAP Note 846610) we found the error:

#Exception getting currently running XMLForm Module versio

n.com.adobe.ProcessingException: CORBA Connection to XMLForm failed, please verify the binaries are deployed to the os_libs directory

You may be running on a non-supported platform.

Service XMLFormService: Could not access the path for the native process. Path is /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS07/j2ee/os_libs/adssap/XMLFormS ervice/bin/XMLForm.exe

java.io.IOException: Executable does not exist: /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS07/j2ee/os_libs/adssap/XMLFormS ervice/bin/XMLForm.exe

We renamed the dir adssap in os_libs and versions.bin. At restart and recreation, the file XMLForm.exe wasn't deployed though ...

If any idea occurs, feel free to share:)

Best regards,

Manu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if SAP note 1143584 is relevant to you. Also make sure the CORBA JVM parameters (javax.rmi.CORBA.* and org.omg.CORBA.*) are set in your AS JAVA.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1143584

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli,

Thank you for your reply. I check note 1143584, but I do not have error Service FontManagerService so it is not relevant in my case. As you suggested I also checked the 2 parameters in config tool but I see that these are present. If you have any other ideas, please share.

Cheers,

Manu

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

By your answer:

" We renamed the dir adssap in os_libs and versions.bin. At restart and recreation, the file XMLForm.exe wasn't deployed though ... "

That means ADS is running in a non support platform.

Check ADS support matrix by your Netweaver Release.

http://service.sap.com/PAM

-> select your release version -> go to "Technical Release Information" -> JSE Platforms -> in Product Instance select "Adobe Document Services" -> check if your Operating System and version are in the list

If OS is not listed, then it's not supported.

ADS is OS compiled, so a few operating systems can run it.

Best regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 PAM (the attached PDF under Essentials) Solaris 10 is supported, unless the OP is running Solaris on top of X64_64 in which case it isn't.

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

If they are really running a supported platform, ADSSAP libs and executables should be deployed.

"We renamed the dir adssap in os_libs and versions.bin. At restart and recreation, the file XMLForm.exe wasn't deployed though ..."

Since ADSSAP rename (ADSSAP.old) and force redeploy didn't worked. It's 100% OS not supported.

This can be caused by a system copy from another system, with different OS, or platform migration in the same server.

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

Thanks for your answer.

I checked in PAM, as you said, but for our product version SAP Solution Manager 7.1, I cannot see in Product instance "Adobe Document Services". Do you know the reason for that? I have Solution Manager 7.1 on SunOS 5.10 i86pc i386 i86pc.

Best regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has simply not maintained that information for Solution Manager 7.1. You can find the information either in the NetWeaver 7.0 EHP2 PAM or in the Essentials PDF (link attached) for NetWeaver 7.0. See page 9/51 of the PDF for the native ADS support matrix.

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001225132009E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Please check note 1587941.

check value of SSL in VA

Document servicesData Manager --> Enable SSL --> false

Thanks,

Josh