SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need approch for extract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to take an extract of all the customers whom we have made a change in last one week. This extract woul be taken in a file.And I have the format for this file.

I need to know what approch I can use to take the extract for all the customers  which have been changed in last one week . I know about the tables CDHDR and cdpos. This approch should have good performance.

Thanks and Regards,

Jasvinder Kumar

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jasvinder,

I don't think you will be able to create a query by joinning the tables, as CDPOS is a cluster table.

Is this a one-off extract? If yes, then you can use the FM's CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ or CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ_POSITIONS to develop a custom program which would give you the desired results.

Alternatively, if you have a BW system connected to your Source System, then you can use generic data sources for CDHDR and CDPOS and can extract the report from BW system.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The only other option would be to enhance one of the BP events to store data in a custom table.  As for standard approaches, cdhdr and cdpos are the only option.