cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.30 patch 3 history problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I use SAP GUI 7.30 patch 3 installed on Windows 7 32bit and I got problem with history, it doesn`t work.

I see *.mdb file in %user%\AppData\Roaming\SAP\SAP GUI\History . It`s always created after deleting.

In traces I`ve found records about errors:

CSapHistoryDb::GetExitPoint: Microsoft Access Database Engine can`t find table or query "localtabchain".

I`ve already checked all referencing SAP notes about fixing MDAC and so on. But Windows 7 doesn`t have tools for MDAC repair, the file is system and locked.

Please, help!

Sergey.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergey,

Here is how to make history work with SAP GUI 7.30.  Enjoy!

Regards,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Dan!

Thank you for your answer. I checked all settings. They are like on your screenshot, but history still doesn`t work.

Any other suggestions?

Sergey.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ello Sergey,

Try changing the path for the history input directory.  Mine is recording to C:\Users\<userid>\My Documents\SapWorkDir\SAPHistory<userID>.mdb.  That roaming directory has some extra authorizations required when joined to domain.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel, thanks for advice, but it doesn`t work. By the way my workstation isn`t connected to domain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had the similar issue i used the immediatly option and applied now it is working.

It is on the History status tab of above screenshot the RED-1

All the best

Omkar

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you pls check the network speed setting? kindly refer the below screen shot

Thanks & Regards

Sriram

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,     I tried all answers indicated above. But only most basic one worked. Just verify that settings are OK (as in post by Daniel Mead 29-Mar-2013 00:29) then close SAP completely . Then delete .mdb file in %user%\AppData\Roaming\SAP\SAP GUI\History . Once you logon to SAP again , it will create a new .mdb  file and should have resolved issues. This solution worked for all (half a dozen) of my users that had this issue.

Thanks,

Jason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jason,

helped in my case, after having patched to 740, patch 5.

cheers

cafer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason,

this also worked for me. (SAP GUI 7.40 Patch Level 6)

Unfortunately, there is no way to restore the historic entries. I tried to replace the newly created .mdb file with the old one but then the history function doesn't work again.

rahulab
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason, This little trick worked for me where I do not have authorization to modify any registry settings nor apply any patches.

Thanks again.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Patch 6 of SAPGUI will fix issues with history on 64-bit machines using msjet fallback.

With 32bit OS, please test the program from note 1176026

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1176026

Best regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude.

Thanks for your reply. I`m using 32bit OS. Test program from note has returned "Error creating DB", so there is a Microsoft problem.

Best regards, Sergey.

stanley_wong2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

I had a similar problem and again identified that the problem was with Windows. I followed the instructions here (Method 2) to repair Windows 7:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/how-tos/how_repair_faulty_windows_installation_without_reformatting

However, it's best to get IT support to help you in case you run into problems. After the repair, the history was fine and I was able to load old history entries as well.

Stanley.

matyas_nemeth
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

I had exactly the same behavior. The procedure helped me, that I changed the following registry key's name:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / SAP / SAPGUI / Administration / Wan

I changed it's value to 0, and renamed it from 'Wan' to 'Wan_1'. Than restarted SAP GUI, and the history working fine now.

Best regard,

Mátyás

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sergey,

Can you upload the full trace text to the message?

We might have missed something.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What edition of Windows 7 32bit is installed.

Home?

Professional?

Ultimate?

regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jude!

Windows 7 32bit Professional.

Regards, Sergey.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey

Kindly reinstall the SAPGUI 7.30 Patch level 4, I thing Gui 7.30 with Patch level 5 having some issue.

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram.

What the issue do you mean? With patch level 4 i had same problem.

Regards, Sergey.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey

We have installed the SAPGUI 7.30 with latest patch 5 in our environment. after that many user are  having issue to view the privies history, then we stop the installation and reinstalled the SAPGUI 7.30 with SP4 then issue got resolved

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today I`ve installed new patch level 5 for SAP GUI 7.30 according to note 1760341, but it doesn`t help.

Sergey.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sergery,

The SAP GUI 7.30 patch 05 having some issue, Please try with 7.30 Patch 04. Hopefully you did not face this issue.

Regards,

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

Kindly go thru SAP Note link

http://Service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1899617

Thanks

Sriram

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sriram,

this note released on 13.08.2013. SAP rectified this issue while before this data users are getting History issue.

anyways... thanks for sharing this note

Regards,