cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Mail Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I use mail adapter and PayloadSwapBean to download attachment from email. The scenario is mail -> PI -> file.

If there is an attachment with the mail, the attachment is saved to the file. However, if the attachment is not there, the mail content payload is saved to file. How I can ignore those mails without attachment in this case?

My next question is how can we only allow mail adapter to process emails from certain addresses? If mail adapter processes emails from anywhere, then PI might be spammed potentially.

Cheers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer this interesting blog by Allesandro for your second question..

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chenjuri,

However, if the attachment is not there, the mail content payload is saved to file. How I can ignore those mails without attachment in this case?

How are you deeveloping your scenario, perhaps swap module?, Have you tried to read the attacment at message mapping level like this blog http://scn.sap.com//people/yugapreetha.t/blog/2009/08/24/read-the-attachments-of-the-input-xi-messag...?

My next question is how can we only allow mail adapter to process emails from certain addresses?

As far as i know there is no a standar solution for this. You will need to develp your own module, if you want to have the check in adapter level, or you deal with the sender auth list at message mapping level or with java mapping

Regards.