cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy way to schedule change over times in non-working times in DS-Board

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using the DS board to schedule my production orders and setup matrices to calculate change over times. I'ts a 24/5 week. So on Saturday/Sunday we can't produce. But: In case there is a change over on the beginning of a week we want to do the change over steps already on Sunday so that production could start immediately on Monday morning.

The actual ideas are:

-> use button "schedule in non-working times" Then I can schedule the order outside my working time.

-> in case I have a change over at the beginning of the week I can change the capacity variant of the resource (eg. the resource is now available already from Sunday afternoon on) and schedule the order so that the change over is on sunday and production starts on Monday morning.

Is there an easy way to allow that change over times can be scheduled outside working times but for production times the non-working time has to be respected.

Thanks for your help.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I hope you are well. I have the same issue at my current client. Manually it is possible to set the indicator 'schedule in non working times' in the strategey profile, however with this method the planner must manually drag and drop the order into the non working time. This is the standard way. I would say changing the capacity is not necessary. To date i am no aware of an automated way to make this happen. I have come across some systems that intentionally place all changover times over a certain duration in a non working time. I don't think APO does this (YET). What i can suggest is using a campaign, with a set up clean down order which uses a seperate resource which is the mirror image of the production resource. If not a campaign then you could have a seperate resource for the set up operation but then you would have to override the PPM or PDS relationship sequence with some code. I hope this helps. Say hi to ther others!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

yep, everything is well. Hope the same for you.

The "non-working-time" scheduling works fine. That's the way we do it currently. Campaigns are not an option here...

The separate resource for setup might be an idea - but whenever I try (in my mind) to model it I get the problem that also the production activity might be scheduled in the non-working time.

So I think we will use the button "schedule-in-non-working-times" whenever it's necessary

Cheers,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

No idea from someone?? I thought this is quite a common request??

Cheers,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you check ,if in the PPM -->activity (setup) --> mode tab, the resource attached to it has the flag for production within the shift ticked on? (not sure how this works with the setup matrix)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

the flag is not set for the setup nor the production activity.

From the description I would expect that (if flag is ticked) an activity has to lie WITHIN a shift and can't be scheduled "cross-shift".

Cheers,

Michael