cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Message Split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to configure two interfaces File - XI - IDoc and a split (duplicate) to a second File based target.

So i have one sending file source and two targets (IDoc and File) with two different mappings (each receivers has his one mapping).

Where is the message split to configure (Configures Receivers under Display Receiver Determination)?

One second question please. It is the correct way to but both interface under one integration scenario or it is better to create two?

Many thanks in advance!

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Its a nice approach to send the data to muiltiple interfaces using msg split, but in case of IDOC on the inbound side...u hv to use BPM for msg splitting coz in the case of splitting without BPM, the msg splittin happend in Adapter engine and Idoc adapter is not present on adapter engine.

So, u hv to use BPM for this case. In this case u need to provide two msg type on the target side in the msg mapping under the msgs tab. Also, in the interface mappin, u hv to provide the two interface on the target side. Then use BPM as in normal case.

Check the following link...

<a href="/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure:///people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

Regards,

Akshay

The ID part will remain same as in normal configuration

Message was edited by:

Akshay Salunke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay and Jochen -

You're right when you say that the splitting without bpm (as mentioned in /people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible) can't be done here.

However, BPM is not necessary in this case. This is a standard split to mutliple receivers.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

U are right it is message duplication not split ,

But the second part of the question I need clarification

In a project for the above scenario is nt it valid to have two scenarios in Configuration one for common objects and one for the Reciever Specific objects

Thanks

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha -

Is it <i>valid</i>? I guess that's a loaded term in this case. Yes, it's technically possible to to put it into more than one scenario, so perhaps it's a bit harsh to say that it "can't" be done. What's more "correct" will depend on each customer's requirements, naming conventions, and implementation guidelines. So in your implementation it may be "valid" to proceed as you described - perhaps not for others.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

I would like to put light on the following stmt by Jochen

<i>So i have one sending file source and two targets (IDoc and File) with two different mappings (each receivers has his one mapping).</i>

So, probably, thr are two diffenrt target structures....and if this is the case u hv to go for msg spliting if the two scenarios are to be combined...and the rest remains the same...

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay -

Again, this is a standard multiple receiver scenario that could be done in XI 2.0. You mentioned BPM is required for this. That is not the case.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Many thanks to all of you for this impressed discussion.

As a result of the conversation, i have to configure the Message duplication in Configured Receivers under Receiver Determination furthermore but both interfaces in one scenario.

Jochen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen -

<i>>>>Where is the message split to configure (Configures Receivers under Display Receiver Determination)?</i>

Yes, Receiver Determination (based on some conditions) is where you configure this.

<i>>>>One second question please. It is the correct way to but both interface under one integration scenario or it is better to create two?</i>

Yes, since there is only one sending interface, you can't split these into two scenarios anyway.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Follow this blog

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

this is absolutely what u want .

2Q.) Classification of Integration Scenario is done based on the module or the recieving system . i.e., There are two different Business System involved in recieving this message so it is better to have two scenarios .

Regards

Kavitha