cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

script installation issue on linux based SAP environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

My environment is NW 7.0 EHP3 with Oracle db, on a distributed environment CI and DB on different servers.

I would like to install a script which is more over start/stop SAP sync with server startup/shutdown, so that whenever any planned or unplanned outage happen my SAP system should come up cleanly automatically.

I already wrote the script for both the servers at ms word, but problem is how to install it on linux server at run level 3. Anybody please guide me to do that. I am not good in RPM or scripting.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards - vicks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

If your desktop is a Windows machine and you are accessing Linux server, then you can use third party tools like WinSCP, PuTTY or FileZilla as you are not much familier with Shell, I guess.

Navigation to Linux directory, file operations such as edit, delete, permissions etc would be much easier.

Regards,

Rajkumar

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

For example you want to create script to start SAP. We keep the filename as SAPstart.sh

1) Login to linux server. 

2) Open VI editor using the command vi SAPstart.sh

3) Copy paste the script which you have written in word

4) Save the file using

press ESC button

:wq!

5) give full permission to this file using chmod 777 SAPstart.sh

6) To execute and test use ./SAPstart.sh

7) Check the results

😎 To modify the script again use step (2) and to save use step (4).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak for the reply, but how to make sure that this will sync with server reboot, i mean when server goes down this script will cleanly shut down SAP by its own with out human intervention, and when server comes up, this will automatically bring SAP up including database.

For example, in Windows environment, we enable auto restart enabled for all SAP and oracle listener services, so that whenever, server comes up, it auto starts the SAP servcies.

Just for your information, installation of SAP, also placed a script sapinit at /etc/rc3.d, that is normaly installed whenever we do installation, which actually executed when we give start or stop command, but never works at the case when server is shutting down so it listens and shut down or start sap automatically.

That is what i am looking solution. Please advice.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I am not full sure on this but you may try this out

In your case, write your script, store it in /etc/init.d/, then create a symlink in each of /etc/rc0.d and /etc/rc6.d (if you want both) pointing to your script.

Typically the script itself is stored in /etc/init.d, and then symlinks are placed in the directories corresponding to the runlevels you require.

Additionally refer this link http://www.softpanorama.org/Commercial_linuxes/Startup_and_shutdown/creating_your_own_init_scripts.s...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori