cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while sending IDM data to BW web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I am trying to implement Identity Reporting using SAP NW Business Warehouse. After having configured the BW web service and the BW connector in VDS etc as described in "Implementation Guide Identity Reporting Using SAP Netweaver Busines Warehouse", I have run the initial load job.

The job recieves the following error:

"WS Client Data Source:1:Error while sending IDM data to BW web service. Original error message: (500)SRT"

Can anyone please explain this error message and/or tell me how I can find the reason of the failure?

Is the message related to an error on the IDM/VDS or on the BW side?

We are running NW IDM 7.1 SP6 and BW 7.3 SP5

Thanks...

Olaf Bertelsen, KMD A/S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf,

Does this Note apply for you - "1526400 - Fallback URLs for IDM related BW web services don't work".

Also, can you check for the Operation logs in VDS. It might give more information. 

Have you ensured that

(1) Service sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap is activated in BW

(2) Web Service is properly configured and activated. You can test it using web services navigator on BW system

(3) The bwuser provided in VDS has proper authoirzations

(4) Port 389 is open on the VDS server and that it's running

(5) Review the repository constants for the BW system.(VDS to BW Repository)

Cheers,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thank's for your reply.

I think the note is only relevant for NW IDM 7.1 SP5.

Unfortunately, the VDS log does not contain any further information, and my BW collegue confirms, that everything looks fine on the BW side.

According to the IDM job log, the two passes, "Transfer current attributes" and "Transfer historical attributes" processes 999 records before the error occurs on the 1000'th record:

"...:I:Handled: 999 Added: 999 Failed: 1"

To me this seems as if some buffer is running out of storage.

BR

Olaf

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf,

Its very hard to find the root cause without the detailed error message. In fact, I am myself stuck with a similar error and awaiting response from SAP . I have an LDAP time out error when the data is being passed to VDS. At the same time, I can see the Process chains run in the BW system.

Did you try clearing the operation log and then increasing the log level to "ALL" in VDS ?

If you look at Note 1626311 - BW reporting: Typical data transfer issues from VDS to BW, there is a mention on how the VDS log would look like.

Also, have a look at Note 1586820 - OutOfMemoryError when transferring data to BW (on MSSQL).

Thanks

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

I get the following error in the VDS log:

Time: Tue Apr 02 13:55:57 CEST 2013  Level: Error  Thread: Thread[19,3,LDAP Sessions:main_listener_389] Logger: /Applications/VirtualDirectoryServer Message:

Error while sending IDM data to BW web service. Original error message: (500)SRT

Exception:

{0}#1#AxisFault

faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP

faultSubcode:

faultString: (500)SRT

faultActor:

faultNode:

faultDetail:

{}:return code:  500

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HttpErrorCode:500

(500)SRT

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:744)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)

at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)

at mc_style.functions.soap.sap.document.sap_com._BI0_CFIDM_002SoapBindingStub._Bi0_Cfidm002(_BI0_CFIDM_002SoapBindingStub.java:220)

at BWConnector.submit(BWConnector.java:857)

at BWConnector.add(BWConnector.java:1371)

at com.sap.idm.vds.operations.MVDCommonAMDOperation.CarryOutMVDNodeOperation(MVDCommonAMDOperation.java:551)

at com.sap.idm.vds.operations.MVDAddOperation.CarryOutMVDAdd(MVDAddOperation.java:240)

at com.sap.idm.vds.operations.AddOperation.mxperform(AddOperation.java:105)

at com.sap.idm.vds.Engine.answerRequest(Engine.java:330)

at com.sap.idm.vds.protocols.ldap.MxLdapSession.run(MxLdapSession.java:193)

Thanks

Olaf

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Olaf,

It appears there is a problem calling the Web Service "CFIDM_002" which is related to the BW attribute "0IDM_ENTRY_ATTR ". In BW system, can you see the related Web Services.  Configuration needs to be maintained only for "RS_BCT_IDM_CHAIN_START".

In VDS, have the constants been maintained like below

Can you check if the service is active in  SICF./sap/bc/srt/rfc/BI0/CFIDM_002.

Cheers,

Murali.