cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show different confirmation categories of purchase orders in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are going to use confirmations in our purchase orders. We have defined 3 confirmation categories in ECC. Unfortunately all confirmation categories are shown in APO product view under the same categorie AH. Is it possible to show the different confirmation categories from ECC in different categories in APO? I guess we have to use a customer exit for the cif interface?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards

Andreas Gaida

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I came across this issue at another client. Confirmed POs status 8 & 9 are not distinguished in APO.

The solution for that client was to create a custom ATP category for the status 9 and revise the CIF user-exit to set the ATP category for status 9 POs.

You'll have to update the corresponding ATP category group to include the custom ATP category.

In your case it may be 2 custom ATP categories.

Regards,

Roger Weinberg

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the standard BAPI to read the different STO type and assign it a different category in APO and the changes can be done when you CIF the data across from ECC to SCM. The function module is BAPI_POSRVAPS_GETLIST3 and the doco says:

Definition

The (OLTP or R/3) order category is used in addition to the order number to identify an order that has been transferred from an external (or R/3) system to the APO system.

Some examples of order categories are sales orders (fixed value 3), purchase orders (fixed value 2), and production orders (fixed value 6).

You can use various (OLTP or R/3) order categories for certain APO business objects, such as production orders or in-house production.

For example, a procurement order (BUS10502) in the APO system can contain both procurement orders (category 2) and purchase requisitions (category 1). In APO, the order category is only used to identify an order in combination with the order number. The category is also used in part to determine if an order/schedule line in the APO system can be changed by a user or not (a purchase order, for example, may no longer be changed, while a purchase requisition may still be changed). Generally, the order category is of more importance to the external system. For example, the R/3 system needs to know whether it is a purchase order or a purchase requisition that is being dealt with.

If an SAP (e.g. R/3) system is not linked to the APO system, and this system is to be used to exchange the order information that requires a certain order category, we recommend that you use the standard values, for example category 2 for business object BUS10502.

Orders that are created within an APO system, for example in a planning run, are not given an (OLTP) order category when created, since they were not transferred to the APO system from an external system. These orders all automatically receive (for example, when they are imported) the order category 8 (APO local order). These orders have an APO internal order category which distinguishes between criteria such as in-house production or external procurement. In a subsequent (optional) step, an external system can then decide whether an order created in APO is a purchase order (category 2) or a purchase requisition (category 1) and assign it an (OLTP) order category and an (external) order number.

You find these values in the documentation of the respective function or of the domain fixed values.

Note that certain functions (for example, configurations) are only possible for certain order categories.

Cheers

Vinod

hubert_spohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

I have realized for the PPT this in BADI /SAPAPO/RRP_IO_COL by reading this information and changing the category text dynamically as follows:

*--- status of PO memo's

LOOP AT ct_io INTO ls_io.

IF ls_io-category = 'AH'.

CASE ls_io-r3obj.

WHEN 'A'. "Order Confirmation

ls_io-catnam = 'PO memo AB'.

WHEN 'B'. "Delivery

ls_io-catnam = 'PO memo LA'.

WHEN '9'. "Advanced Shipping Notification

ls_io-catnam = 'PO memo LA'.

ENDCASE.

ENDIF.

MODIFY ct_io FROM ls_io INDEX h_tabix.

endloop.

This solution does not change any data in APO nro does it need additional ATp categories. It just makes this aditional information visible for the planner.

Regards.

Hubert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Andreas,

I have read the requirement.

As it is clear from your reply that you are not using these categories anywhere functionally. And there is no such value add. This is just info to help your planners to view the status of the Purchase Order and take some relevant decision. I think it will be good if you do not do any development and provide them an ALV report. And it would be great if you give them report in BI itself. This will save mandays and the cost.

Regards,

Amit P Hiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Hi, I think here you are mixing two things  1) Confirmation Categories of R/3 and 2) Categories of APO

Can you please explain.. how you want use/ or what is the purpose of assigning these 3 confirmation categories diffrently in APO.

Anyway it is a on-order stock. How you propose to plan diffrently for these confirmation categories. What are these 3 canfomations ??

Regards,

Amit P Hiran

NjOy SAP.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

What do you mean by different categories in ECC, details on your scenario will help in analyzing.

AH (Inb. Deliv. in Transp.) is the stock category for in transit stock.

Check below link for different stock ATP categories, check what all is applicable in your case.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/47/b8fdb117302fe1e10000000a42189d/content.htm

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

thanks for your feedback. I will try to provide more details:

We want to use confirmations for our purchse orders. We have defined 3 categories of confirmations:

AB - the supplier has confirmed the purchase order (date and quantity)

PB - pre-booking: the forwarder has booked a vessel for the delivery

LA - the goods are in transit

Our purchasing will enter these 3 confirmations in our purchase orders with the ME22N in ECC.

In ECC everything works fine, if I check a purchase order in MD04 I see a line like BS-AVI 4500758567/00005/AB with the confirmation category.

If I check the purchase order in APO //RRP3 I see a line like BS-NOTIZ 4500758567/000005/2. All of the 3 confirmation categories are shown with the category AH in APO. But our planning department wants to see wether this purchase order has a AB, PB or LA confirmation in APO, especially in the SNP planning book. To my mind I need a ATP categorie for every confirmation category. But how can I achieve this?

Best regards

Andreas

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

To assign your custom categories you need to enhance the standard logic in APO.

First you need to create these Z categories in APO.

Then using some suitable exit or BADI you can assign these categories to your orders.

Or if you only want this for information purpose, then you can create some custom report, which can differentiate these three category orders based on your business logic.

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Is your query resolved, or you are still exploring different options.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

thanks for your support. The implementation of confirmed POs has been postponed. That means I have some time to check the different options. Probably we will adapt the cif-user exit to use custom ATP groups.

Regards

Andreas