cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizational Unit empty when Creating Mitigating Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings

I am having an issue with GRC 10 AC where the organization does not come up as an option when creating a mitigating control (see attachment). This functionality was working previously and has suddenly stopped. I have even tried removing the organizations and creating again via SPRO. I should also note the mitigating control approver and monitor have been assigned to the organization.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you check you access to ensure you have sufficient authorisation

GRAC_MITC

G_GRPC_API  (operation VALUEHELP I think)

PLOG

GRAC_OUNIT

Also, can you look at the Org Structure in NWBC to see if you have full display to it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Colleen

Thanks for the quick response. I have validated that I have all the access you mentioned above so I'm not sure if its access related. Almost seems like something isn't syncing / saving properly.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stace

Did you look at the Org structure in NWBC?

E.g. -

• You can see the values (for View: Standard Hierarchy)
  • General Tab - check validity dates for it
  • Owners Tab- you have assigned Mitigation Owners to the Unit (which you've confirmed)
  • Assignments Tab - it is assigned to the standard hierarchy for Component Relevance Access Control (I think this should happen based on how you created it)

If you are concerned about the data look at your HRP1000/10001 tables for the Org unit definition (same as SAP HR org structure) to see if any data looks mismatch.  Within IMG, you can go to  "Set Up Structure: Expert Mode" which is a SAP GUI version to look at your Org Structure (though seems more for PC and RM)

IMG Configuration Checks

• You might want to look at IMG Shared Master Data Settings for "Clean Up HR Data"
  • Create Root Hierarchy - you created it for Org View 002 (Standard Hierarchy)
  • Maintain Organization Views - Maintain Organization Views Configurations - check there is an entry for Org View ID 002, App Component GRC-AC and configuration Default View
Former Member
0 Kudos

Stacey,

Has your issue has been resolved, I had a similar problem. Even after I create a Root hierarchy, I was still unable to see the Org Unit that I had created in SPRO, the "Open" "Add" and "Remove" buttons are still grey out .

Please advise...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I suspect this is an issue with GRC authoirziation object access missing.

GRAC_MITC Authorization object for Access Control Mitigation Control

GRAC_UMIT Authorization object for SoD Mitigation

GRAC_OUNIT Authorization objects for Access Control Org Unit

You need to have role SAP_GRAC_CONTROL_OWNER to control the mitigation either to delete or created.

Kindly check this if you are having sufficeint access.

Regards

Bhaskar.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

You're correct, after I assigned the role: SAP_GRAC_CONTROL_OWNER, I was able to add and open existing Org Unit, problem solved...

Thanks,

Hai...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. We were able to resolve this as well. I validated everything recommended was set up as such then, at a whim, decided to run the auth / repository syncs and the next morning it was working. Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have try everything but still  i am unable to crate the  organization can any tell what can be done ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgive me if you've already done this but I would double check that the mitigating control approver / mitigator are assigned to the organization. I would also check the validity dates of the organization because i think that was a weird issue we had.

If you've validated both of these and you're still experiencing issue, perhaps provide some screen shots of your settings?