cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to WS with HTTPS

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys, we are working on SAP PI 7.1, and we have the following requirement with RFC to WS scenario.

The department WS generated the service, it has an input parameter of type byte array and returns a byte array type, internally the service encrypts the message.

We need to discuss how to proceed suggestions from PI with the following:

1.Invoking WS with HTTPS

2. Invoking WS with integrated security, which involves sending credentials of a domain user.

3. Invoking WS with byte array as input and output. And maximum supported size.

4. Form publication for SAP

We appreciate the help we can provide.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.Invoking WS with HTTPS

You coukd try using AXIS Adapter or SOAP adapter.

2. Invoking WS with integrated security, which involves sending credentials of a domain user.

yes possible,

3. Invoking WS with byte array as input and output. And maximum supported size.

Maximum support size depends on different factor(PI System config,target system/nework badwith). But i processed 2MB file.

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Reddy. I would like to expand the points of the case

For points 1 and 2, we see two options, use the SOAP adapter or the adapter WS. For SOAP and WS adapters I attached two images. My question is if I configure the highlighted fields I meet my requirement.

With respect to items 3 and 4 continue to investigate and hopefully some suggestions.

Regards.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ernesto,

First of all you can not use WS Adapter for this requirement. WS adapter maintains WSRM protocol and is only used for Point to Point communications between Two systems using WS Runtime.

Now, when you are using SOAP Adapter with HTTPs: Basis needs to install Certificate in STRUST.

You have to configure your Adapter like below blog:

http://scn.sap.com/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/05/31/how-to-use-client-authentication-with-soap-a...

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use SOAP adapter and refer Nanbendu link .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ernesto, you have some good advice already from Raja and Nabendu.

I would just add that with the HTTP or SOAP adapters you can set the basic authentication and HTTPS.

But the Certificate Authentication you show in your screen shot is not really in support of the HTTPS. It is for authenticating that only applications with a given certificate can connect to a web service.

The HTTPS public certificate of the web service partner must be loaded by Basis team into STRUST for the HTTP adapter or NWA Certificates and Keys for the SOAP Adapter (Java stack). This certificate is not referred to in the adapter parameters in PI Config. This point can be confusing.

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input. We continue with our case, we choose SOAP, and remains for us to define the issue of credentials department basis.

Regards.

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends, after the last meeting, items 3 and 4 are determined by the department ABAP.

We will focus on points 1 and 2. We are following the link you provided Nabendu.

Request more contributions to our case using the SOAP receiver adapter, more precisely, we need to clarify the issue of certificates.

Regards.

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron, I wanted to ask you any suggestions to solve our requirement.

Let's summarize what we have so far. We use SAP NW 7.1 and are implemented in a bank.

1. We use the SOAP adapter, attached images.

2. For integrated security issue use the following link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42965

The test network user, is configured with a profile so you can access the https. Was tested with the two alternatives,

DOMAIN \ Username and

Username

for both throws the same error.

And it is throwing a 401 error. At this point we are stuck.

3. It created an interface in which. People ABAP RFC created a Z, which sends one XSTRING PI. And one XSTRING received from PI. Wherefore not use any kind of mapping function.

Any suggestions for progress is welcome.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ernesto,

Perhaps to get a better clue about the 401 error you could check the logs on the webserver? If it is Microsoft you could check the IIS web logs which would show each attempt to access a resource. Maybe it would show even in the MS Event Log / Security Log depending on how the server is set up. I would try the IIS logs first for an idea if your credentials are being passed.

Also, are you trying to use Certificate AND User account authentication? Can you remove the layers just to confirm basic functionaltiy?

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

We divide the proof in two.

1) invoke with http and add user and password. It shows a 401 error.

From the WS server log, we are thrown

2013-06-26 18:56:02 10.X.X.XX POST /502_Sofxxxxx_Ws/Cxxxxxa.asmx wsdl 80 - 172.XX.XX.XXX SAP-Messaging-com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi/1.0505 401 2 5 192

2) Invoke with https and add the certificates. The result gave ok.

Regarding your last question, if you are using certificates and authentication with username and password. For the same we are using DOMAIN \ UserNetwork.

Regards

Answers (0)