cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe change not available

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are running BI 4.0 SP4 Patch 5.  I have been development WebI reports for a while now, but I am working my first universe using the Information Design Tool.

I created my basic universe and published it to my repository and everything works just fine.  After about 10 minutes of consuming the new universe from WebI I determined I wanted to make a few changes.  I made them and republished the universe to my repository.  Unfortunately, I cannot see my universe changes (an updated filter and one new dimension) from within WebI.  I have closed my browser and reopened it to no avail.

I tried creating a new report based on my universe and that didn't work either.  However, when I went to select the universe for the new report I could see the Revision number had been incremented.  From within the Central Management Console I can also see the modified date of the universe had been updated.

Do I need to stop and start some servers in the CMC to make my universe changes accessible?

Thanks,

Noel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sujit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

Restarting servers in CMC to see the updated Universe is not a default way. Generally after re-publishing the Universe to repository. The updated Universe can be viewed in WebI by going to New > From Available Universe window, select the Universe. To be sure, refresh the window manually so the entries are updated.

If you have made any change in the formula object - of an object which is used in the existing report - You can simply refresh the report by closing it and re-opening it again. You might have to log off log in again to clear the cache.

Sujit.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Noel,

This issue has been resolved with SP5 for BI4.  I also had some customers experiencing similar issues but after SP5, all looks good.  Making sure the UNX has been published properly.

Regards,

Ajay

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I restarted my WebIntelligenceProcessingServer and I am now seeing the universe changes I expect.  Is that just coincidental or is that something I need to do when universe changes are made?

Thanks,

Noel

abkshatriya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

It is very unfortunate that you did this just to see a dimension...but this is how BOBJ responds some time...I also faced this issue in one of my project at that time i have deleted the Universe and Uploaded the New Universe and it works.

If you want to see this thing too many times than you can check by creating Personal connection.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another user who is working on BO 4.0, had reported similar  issue in Semantic Layer forum a few days ago. I can confirm that this does not happen in BO XI 3.1 Patch 3.5 and above (above means only for 3.1 not 4.0 & 4.1).

Thanks,

Prathamesh

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting, I have never faced this kind of issue with BO 4.0. I know this if you are working in your browser and update the universe, you need to log off and log in back. If you are working in WebI Rich Client, then you need to close it all the way, and reopen it.