cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on SAP license

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I've some question about SAP licensing, and I don't find official documentation on SAP.

1 - when I purchase a Business Object License (windows version, not netweaver) the database license is included? And if it is included, can I install also a demo/test system witj the license purchased for the prodaction enviroment? (for a SAP ERP I know that is so, but I dont' find documentation)

2 - If I've an ERP license, can I install an Enterprise Portal or I've to purchase a new license?

3 - is it possible from SAP market place discover witch licenses I've purchased? (I'm new in the organisation, and I'm trying to discover what we have...)

Very appreciated if you can provide link to official documentation...(I've found the "Licensing SAP Software  A Guide for Buyers" but it is not very clear to me...).

Thank you for your help in understanding these issue.

Bye

Matteo Stocco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the answers of to my knowledge.

1 - when I purchase a Business Object License (windows version, not netweaver) the database license is included? And if it is included, can I install also a demo/test system witj the license purchased for the prodaction enviroment? (for a SAP ERP I know that is so, but I dont' find documentation)

It depends on your purchase. For an example, suppose if you already have license for the DB, then you don't  need to pay for DB... Only you have to pay for your Business Objects.... Suppose if you don't have DB license, then SAP will provide the software that includes license for both Business Objects + the DB.

You have any number of quality system or testing system with the license you have .. But you have to be careful with production installatino alone.

2 - If I've an ERP license, can I install an Enterprise Portal or I've to purchase a new license?

If you have license for ERP, then you will have license only for NW but not for EP... You have request for license for EP ...

3 - is it possible from SAP market place discover witch licenses I've purchased? (I'm new in the organisation, and I'm trying to discover what we have...)

No.. As far as I know it is not possible. You have to contact SAP or your SAP sales manager on these details... They will give you more information on it.

As Juan suggested, you better contact SAP to double confirm with your queries.

I hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

If you are an SAP customer all your queries will get answered in the EULA document( End User License Agreement). Else contact SAP Account Manager.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All this questions can be answered by your SAP Account Manager.

Regards, Juan