SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derive Again in AS02

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In AS02, time dependent tab , i changed cost center of an asset by adding interval and after being done with this i press derive again button but system not changing FM account assignments in asset master although derivation rule value is in place. However when i exit asset after saving and renter asset master in change mode and press derive again button, system changes the fund center and fund. How to trigger the same when we are adding interval in time dependent data and press derive again . Please guide

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

After adding the interval, you have to highlight the interval and click on the button 'choose interval', which will bring you back to the time-dependent screen and 'derive again' will rederive the FM account assignment just for that interval.

Regards,

Ming  

0 Kudos

Hi:

Its not happening for me, i created an asset today, did not post its capitalization and simply went to AS02 to change cost center of asset by adding new interval in the way you have told, but it did not change cost center even, cost center remains old too.

Regards

0 Kudos

Did you specify 'overwrite with new value' in fmderive?

0 Kudos

Hi Minghong:

Yes i have already done these settings. You can see it .

Please guide me what can be the possible cause of system deriving CAPEX rather than OPEX while depreciation postings.

Regards

0 Kudos

Did you turn on the trace and 'derive again' and check the log?

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.