cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboards are not appearing in IPAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have dashboards which are build in dashboard designer 4 SP 5 and BOBJ environment BI 4 SP 5 patch 5 running on the linux. we are implementing the BO Mobile. we have copied the MobileBIService.war file from window BOBj SP 5 environment and place it in the tomcat/webapps directory in the linux environment and followed the mobile configuration steps.

Now, we could able to see all the features in the webI document in IPAD including sections & input contols.  but we could not able to see the dashboards in the IPAD.

Could you please let me whether we need to do some configuration for linux environment. all dashboards are loaded to repository for mobile only.

Regards,

Sreeni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To all,

i dont understand why you people getting this much errors for a configuring a simple app in bi.

atul and mallik please post your experience what you done about the connection,please dont post SAP notes and Recommend this can get anyone who search in SAP help portal 

Regards,

Vishal.

SAP BO Certified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

I tried to follow all the replies and it doesn't look like you have checked the servers on your BO BIP server.

There should be a category Dashboard Design Services which should contain a cache server and a processing server.

We're running the same architecture as you have and Dashboard Design is working wonderfully

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Linux environment will not support the mobile somehow webI reports are appearing and dashboards will not appear. As a alternative you need to install the mobile server separately in the windows server and connect to CMS.

Please check the below link for product availability matrix.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80ba792f-5e2a-2f10-0594-89315609e...

Regards,

Sreeni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Thats an older version of PAM (4.0 Fp3) than what you are at (4.0 Sp5). SP5 PAM shows it as supported

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0134dbb-8f10-3010-5084-cf90dbb35...

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Linux also support mobile server check ur war files are deployed properly or not

Regards and thanks

Vishal.g

Sap BO certified 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

My BO server is with the latest SP 6 patch. I have the dashboard also with SP06 patch and I try creating a new dashboard for mobile.I have also checked the war files under the tomcat server. All 3 war files namely "MobileBIService.war","MobileOTA14.war","MOBIServer.war" are all deployed under the tomcat6 webapp folder.The version of the mobileapp in IPAD is 4.4.28.18.But still am unable to see any dashboard file in IPAD. I can very well see the webi documents that I create. Not sure what am missing here. Please let me know what ma missing here.

Regards,

Prassanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys..I have the same issue as prassanna...Can some one please respond...Srini if you have a solution please share....

I have met all the prerequisites..all the components i am using are compatible...i have the size fit to mobile...I have save 2 versions one is mobile and the other is mobile or desktop...but the same result..It would not showup in the app.

Would appreciate the response.

Regards,

Suri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prassanna,

1. just a case when you deploying the XLF file into the BI launch Pad make sure you export in Mobile and desktop version.
  2. if you done like this make sure you deploy it into public or corporate Categories.

SP06 is supporting all the application in ipad including the new DESIGN STUDIO also.

Regards

Vishal.Guthula

SAP BO Certified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vishal..

I am facing similar issue...i have saved with both versions with mobile version as well as mobile or desktop version..and also deployed it into corporate categories....created a mobile category under corporate category and deployed it there...when i deploy a webi report it shows fine on the ipad but the dashboard doesnt show up.

Regards,

Suri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suri,

did you try to preview the dashboard using Dashboard design tool?

put the dashboard in the Mobile category.

Check if you are able to do it with administrator user id

check if there is any rights specific issue as well

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prassanna,

Once check in the BI launch Pad as show below screen shot  Still you are facing shoot a mail . 

Regards,

Vishal.Guthula

SAP BO Certified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Atul,

Thanks for replying and

yes I am previewing on the dashboard design tool..I have no issues previewing it.

Yes I have a folder named mobile in which I am saving the dashboard. I have both versions of the dashboard one saved as mobile only and another mobile and destop version.

I have a category called mobile under corporate category. I deployed both my dashboards to the mobile category.

Yes I am an administrator so my user id should have all the access.

Still cannot see the dashboard..My webi report works as expected on the ipad..but i cannot see the dashboard report.

Regards,

suri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya and Prasanna,

Can you please import the dashboard you have published using Mobile option and then post the screenshot of Mobile compatibility viewer, just to confirm everyone that dashboard is perfectly compatible.

What is the operating system on which mobile server is deployed at your end?

Were you able to open the dashboard from launchpad after publishing it to desktop as well as mobile.?

Is the dashboard listed on any of Mobile and Mobile Designed categories when you open Corporate categories>Mobile  or Corporate categories>Mobile Designed when you explicitly check categories from launchpad?

Sreeni was referring to getting the issue resolved after installing mobile server on windows OS, ideally mobile server on linux should also be supported with dashboards.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik,

How do u import a published dashboard? and where do you want me to import?

Yes the dashboard is perfectly compatible i am just trying with one component for now...Its a very simple dashboard..the mobile compatibility tab doesnt show any warnings or errors.

The operating system on which the mobile server is deployed is windows

Yes i am able to open the dashboard saved in mobile and destop version on the launchpad

Yes the dashboard is listed under the mobile category which i have created under corporate category.

Regards,

Suri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is strange, you have everything fine then on config side, whats your mobile app version on IPAD?

Try re-install the latest app 4.4.28 on any other IPAD of your team where mobile app was never used and configure fresh new connection to the server and see if you still the same issue? Just to confirm if its not an issue with upgrade or installation of mobile app

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vishal,

Yes i have checked this option on the mobile properties. I have tried on 3 different ipads...One is my personal ipad. I have the latest version of the app. On my ipad i had installed the app for the 1st time.

Only different i am doing is i am using an LDAP authentication...Not sure if this is an issue.

Regards,

Suri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI mallikarjuna,  please post some screenshot how did u import the dashboard into the ipad we need screenshots  regards Vishal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi surya,

Please refer to below feature compatibility of mobile app 4.4.28 which states in page #7  supported only SAP, Enterprise and Windows AD authentications.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/44x_mobiOS_featcomp_en.pdf

Try using any of the above authentication and test it and let us know if that resolves the problem.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mallik,

Tried with enterprise id still the same problem...Created an enterprise id for myself...even tried the administrator id which is an enterprise id...But no luck.

Regards,

suri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's strange surya to see your issue with SP6, I was able to deploy dashboards on IPAD using BI 4.0 Sp5 and BI 4.0 SP6 as well without any issues. I think you are surely missing something either on installation side or configuration side, you can get in touch with SAP through OSS message, so that someone from SAP will personally check your environment and configuration to assist with this issue. That way it will be quick to get through it as well if you have a high priority OSS. Its' upto you if you want to wait for more help here.....

As far as i know if you have everything right from environment compatibility side and configuration side you should  be able to access, I can confidently say this as we were able to do this without any issues both on SP5 an SP6

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

One last idea I can give is to try out a simple local deployment of Bo server with version of software you have focusing on mobile configurations and test deploy one dashboard to see if it works on this server with same version of software used for installation. That way you can confirm if it's an issue with existing deployment and configurations.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

try this

open the dashboard in the dashboard design tool

Check the mobile compatibility tab on the left side

See if you can see any warnings signs. Make sure, they are cleared, by unchecking certain features.

only information(i) is ok.

save the dashboard again and check through ipad

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mallik,

i have seen similar issues earlier, however many times, either the mobile compatibility viewer is to blame or the app version.

In this case, everything seems to be just fine.

@suri: can you check this url http://<WebAppServerWithMobileWar:port>/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion

just in case!!

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Did ask Suri to confirm on the mobile compatibility viewer part and app version and he says he is good on both of them by trying simple dashboard with one supported component and he confimed version as 4.4.28?

Lets wait for his inputs on the version again and if that is the issue?

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Atul/Mallik,

My version of the app and the ipad were all correct.

Finally it worked.

we were testing this in sandbox and only on sandbox we were on SP6 whereas on or dev and qa we were on SP3.

The incoming port were common for sandbox, dev and qa...so it was taking the SP3 mobile service.

But then we used our ipad in the company network and used the sandbox server url directly and it worked.

Thanks again for all the reply from everyone.

Regards,

Suri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow !!!

now that is a bummer!!

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Are you able to see Dashboards from IPAD now? Is the issue resolved?

Thanks

Mallik

0 Kudos

Hi Malik,

Can I have the brief steps to follow for exporting dashboard in portal.. I am not able  to see the dashboards on my ipad and iphone. I have exported the files in all the formats .xlf/flash/html to my public folder and imported under categories, I can able to see the webi reports which are on categories folder but not dashboards..

Regards

Nadeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadeem,

Please go through below and let us know if you still have issues

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42141

chapter 5 Managing the Mobile support for Dashboards

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/44x_mobiOS_admin_en.pdf

Thanks

Mallik

0 Kudos

Thank you Malik I got it on ipad but could not able to see on iphone here iam on 5.0 version..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadeem,

you need to check the following:

version of Business objects must be BI 4.0 SP5 and higher

Dashboard design tool 4.0

Check the version you are using on your ipad must be 4.4.28 ( to be on safer side)

once this is done

lets move towards the design part.

While designing a dashboard, check its as simple as possible ( for testing)

open the mobile compatibility browser and check if you get any excelamation marks or warnings, uncheck those options, if used

next, preview the dashboard for mobile

now save it for mobile and desktop

no categories are required on the server. If dashboards are present anywhere under public folder, they would be seen on ipad ( given the user is administrator and he has all rights)

Regards,

Atul B

0 Kudos

hi Atul,

one quick question I am upgraded sap bi version to 5.0 on my iphone but still not able to see the dashboard on iphone but I cann see on ipad...

regards

Nadeem

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam working on Dashboard 4.0 sp6 and taken few maps for my design here I am not getting the selected values for few region or country selected on the component,  by doing some R&D got to knw it was a problem with the values which selecting from source file once changing the names on excel sheet I got it few but still trying for other region names...

Can we see the values mentioned in USA or any Other map in backend on the component  so tht I can use the same spellings or names in my source file....

Thanks & regards

Nadeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gafoor,

Please read through the key features area of the latest mobile app(5.0.5) releases for IOS, that states dashboards are still supported only for IPad.

https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/sap-businessobjects-mobile/id441208302?mt=8

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadeem,

Please post it as a separate thread on SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards to get better and accurate responses and help.

Thanks

Mallik

0 Kudos

okk sure...

regards

Nadeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sreeni N,'

please find below items that you can verify to make the dashboards visibile on mobile.

Did you modify or update the XLF file to remove/redesign all unsupported components on mobile checking in mobile compatibility viewer?

Did you publsih XLF file to platform using either Save to Platform>Mobile Only or Save to Platform>Desktop and Mobile?

Is your dashboard assigned to Mobile or Mobile Designed Category?(optional)

Are you using the latest version of app on your IPAD(4.4.28)?

Are you using IPAD2 or higher?

Do not try testing for dashboard access on iphones, or android devices try it only above mentioned IPAD versions. You would be able to access dashboards if your answer to the above mentioned questions is yes, unless until any servers are down.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni N,

When you export from the Dashboard SP05 make sure that your exporting in "mobile dashboard" platform not in desktop platform still you done in both then make sure you have import to categories if still your not getting then i think you have to check in the two war file settings.

Hope you got your answers

Regards,

Vishal.Guthula.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the below link. and also make sure that you are assigning right categories to Dashboards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have the lastest update of SAP BI Mobile on iPad and can you confirm that the user you use to log in on iPad has access to dashboard? (mobile dashboards don't need to be under a mobile category, just make sure that the ipad user can see the folder on BI launchpad)

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we have latest SAP BI on IPad and we are using administartor user to log in to CMS from IPad. all web intelligence features are displaying but dashboards are displaying in the IPAD.

The CMS is running on the Linux environment. we have just deploy the war file from another windows server to linux server and restarted the tomcat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Were you able to see dashboards in IPAD? I am facing the same issue.I am able to see the webi documents but not the dashboards. And as Mallik mentioned I've checked all the pre-requisites but still cant see any dashboards on the ipad. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Regards,

Prassanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Please check your version of the Mobile app on IPAD, whether you are on 4.4.28 or older versions.

Hope you have republished all the dashbaords you want to see using either Save to Platform>Mobile Only or Save to Platform>Desktop and Mobile?

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik,

The version of my mobile app on IPAD is 4.4.28. I did republish all the dashboards as you have mentioned. I also tried creating a new dashboard but it did not work as well. Please let me know what am missing here.

Thanks

Prassanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer the below too to get more clarity of what you are doing?

Did you modify or update the XLF file to remove/redesign all unsupported components on mobile checking in mobile compatibility viewer?

Is your dashboard assigned to Mobile or Mobile Designed Category?

Are you using IPAD2 or higher?

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Mallik..

There is no unsupported components ...there is no warnings or errors on the compatibility tab ..

I am deploying my dashboard under the mobile category created under the corporate category.

I have 2 ipad3's and 1 ipad2. all with the lastest version of the app.

Regards,

Suri.