cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set ValidTo/From property on a custom attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working with IDM 7.2 SP6 MS SQL 2008 DB. I have created a custom Entry Type(Z_USER_REQ) which has been assigned to many custom attributes. One of the custom attribute(Z_USERREQ_ROLE) is of 'Entry Reference' datatype with Reference entry type marked as 'MX_ROLE'. I have activated Extended attribute property such as Reason and Validity for this attribute.

When I  create an entry of type Z_USER_REQ and assign Z_USERREQ_ROLE with validity and reason from the User Interface, I get the following error:

Unable to set value for attribute Role. Detailed information (may not be translated): Wrong attribute property/value syntax

When I create an entry of type Z_USER_REQ and assign Z_USEREQ_ROLE with only reason (no validity) from the User Interface, I don't get any error.

Is there any specific reason, why validity cannot be set on a custom entry type?

Is validity field only applicable for role assignment to Identity entry type?

Thanks,

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

Just an idea.

Could it maybe be that you have to configure it bidirectional, so both on the MXREF_MX_ROLE attribute of your entrytype as well on the MXMEMBER_Z_USER_REQ attribute on MX_ROLE?

Good luck.

Regards,

Wim.