cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed Lock vs liveCache Lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to explore about the Demand Planning planning area Locking functionality.

Currently, in our project we are using the liveCache lock.

The difference between the Detailed Lock vs liveCache Lock as per SAP is that, the Detailed lock will not consider Ranges. Whereas, the liveCache lock considers the ranges as well in the locking table.

I have checked this in my SCM 701 system. It doesn't work as explained. In both the cases, the detailed lock functionality works. It doesn't behave as explained in the SAP's help documentation.

CharacteristicExisting selection (user X)Desired Selection (user Y)
A= 01From 02 to 04

Am I missing something?

I would like to know the difference between the Detailed locking and liveCache Locking. Could you please brief me on this?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

As you already referred to sap help on this, and in mentioned example;

with key figure and detailed lock another user will not be able to work on the selection related to characteristics A, here system tries to lock all the values (multiple single values) of characteristics A, whereas in case of live cache lock another user will be allowed to work on this selection as system tries to lock intervals.

more precisely with above example user X is working on 01 and user Y want to work on a interval 2 - 4 so livecache lock which works on interval will allow user Y to work as desired selection is out of selection on which user X is working, where as in case of detailed lock system tries to lock all the values of characteristics A, which include 01 - 04 all values hence will not allow user Y to work.

Hope will help you

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

I have already explained that this functionality doesn't work. That's why I am asking expert's comments. I have checked this. Is it user specific? I mean, I have checked this with 2 different sessions of same user. Should I try to work with different user?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Suresh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Please try this with two different users, logically it doesn't make sense for it to work for a single user.

Please try and let me know if you face any issue.

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

Did you check this functionality with two users, did you get desired result, if yes please close the thread.

If not then let me know what issue you are faciing now.

Rgds

Sourabh