cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop order release without creation of SFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For some products I want to suppress creation of SFC when releasing the shop order.

I instead want to use SFC's created by an external system and have the SFC's created when

I start the first operation in the routing. This I will achive by setting up the resource for the first

routing operation with the released shop order.

Is this possible? I am using SAP ME 6.0.4.1

Br,

Johan Nordebrink

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MiguelSanchez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Johan,

Yes, this is possible:

- Set up the resource with Shop Order in (Resource Setup)

- Configure the first operation in your route with the activity DM520 at PRE_START

- Create / transfer a shop order in ME, do not release it

Now you can use the POD to enter your SFC number in the SFC field and press Start, ME will create the SFC with your number for the shop order you set up in the resource. You can also use the Web Service to do the Start and pass your SFC number.

I hope that helps,

Miguel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately I already knew this.

I want to do a release before setting up the first operation and create SFC's because

- I need to print a shop order traveller doc. This is is later used when doing resource setup for the
  first operation.

- I plan on doing an auto assembly of all those components with NONE as assembly data type.

Br,

Johan

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

As you might have expected, this is not supported.

Within the current implementation, you might consider the following:

- releasing a dummy Shop Order to print the label;

- using Change Production to re-assign SFCs to another Shop Order;

- interrupting the shop order release process after the printing hook has been executed, for example by means of second printing hook assigned to not existing printer (quite artificial approach but anyway).

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

I got a little bit interrested in the final suggestion to add a failing activity hook, which rollbacks

the release activity. I tested it,but did not like to have the errors (or exception list) in the User Interface.

Would it be possible to create a custom activity hook that only does a rollback and attach that one as a post_order_release activity hook after the document has been printed?

Br,

Johan

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

I'm not familiar with SDK but I would suppose that to interrupt the transaction in a way similar to base hook activities, your hook should throw some exception with a text message which eventually appears in the POD. Instead of some terrifying text, your hook can return quite meaningful explanation of the current action or whatever just not to scare the user.

If no message returned, I would expect the system to display some predefined text message that is not preferable in your case.

Regards,

Sergiy