cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM not able to pick up .SCA files for SOLMAN 7.0 EHP1 update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPGurus,

Recently I have successfully installed EHP1 on SOLMAN7.0 ABAP stack. I am trying to do the same on JAVA stack through JSPM.

I have downloaded the files from SOLMAN7.0 EHP1 DOWNLOAD SUPPORT STACK for target release SOLMAN7.0EHP1 SPS30 from OSS.

And segregated the files related to JAVA stack and put the same in /usr/sap/trans/eps/in.

But unfortunately while trying to start the installation through JSPM, JSPM is not able to pick up the files from eps/in.

It is to note that JSPM was picking up the files from sapmnt and I dint see this in anywhere in my OS, therefore I changed the value for DIR_EPS_ROOT as

G:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in

Still no use. Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Finally I was able to remove the error

Cannot open connection on host: 192.168.1.194 and port: 50004

Reason was the p4 port defined in the Config tool. p4 port is defined in various places inside the Visual Admin as well as the Config tool

I maintained port 3011 in the following in Config tool

Secure store->admin/port/QCM(SID)->3011

Also the same port should be defined elsewhere in config tool like

Cluster data->Global Dispatcher Config->services->p4->port->3011

Cluster data->instance_ID...->services->p4->Global Properties->port->3011

Cluster data->instance_ID...->services->p4->Local Properties->port->3011

Also the same should be defined in VA

Dispatcher 0 0_...->Services->P4 Provider->port->3011

Also I was not seeing any software component in Support Pack Stack option because EHP1 is applied on the Java stack using option Business Packages(advanced use).

Thank you everyone for the help provided on my issue.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check SCAN_INBOX.LOG file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roman, earlier when I checked SCAN_INBOX.LOG file there were no errors mentoned there now when I restarted the system and started the JSPM again then I cant see this file.Strange.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

JSPM version:-

Implementation-Version: 7.0014.20071029094741.0000

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check last JSPM_MAIN_<xx>.LOG file also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update you JSPM version to 7.01 first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roman, JSPM update files are present in the stack itself along with other java related files. While trying to select JSPM in the JSPM still it doesnt pick that SCA file related to the JSPM update. Pls suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please attach SCAN_INBOX and JSPM_MAIN log files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roman, I dint find the SCAN_INBOX in the current log but I found it in older one. PFA

Also if you could check my last reply to Vimal about the SDM log.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check status of your J2EE engine and start it if it is not running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned above the J2EE engine is running successfully. There is some issue with the J2EE_ADMIN password which is not set correctly in Visual admin and config tool.This might be causing the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try once more and attach all log directory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I was able to activate J2EE_ADMIN user for loging in the portal and visual admin. But still I am not able to remove the error which says

The J2EE engine not running. Start it and then resume. If the J2EE engine cannot be started you can continue with the deplyment.

J2EE engine running fine. I dont know why is it throwing this error.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roman, PFA logs. Please let me know if any other log is required. I am still not able to move ahead still stuck up on the same issue.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check status of your J2EE engine with jcmon, mmc or sapcontrol and provide info here (any tool you have at hand).

Former Member
0 Kudos

PFB screenshot of Java engine from MMC. No tool in hand.

J2EE engine is running fine.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Please try the following.

Setting a Temporary Inbox Directory

The temporary inbox directory has precedence over the permanent directory.

To use a temporary inbox directory, when you start the JSPM you have to run the go script file as follows:

●  For Windows

1. go.bat “-config=\jspm\inbox=<path_to_inbox>”

●  For Unix

go ‘-config=/jspm/inbox=<path_to_inbox>’

IN the path to inbox location provide the SCA files location and see whether it takes or not

Please check the below link too.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/de/43/941e66633821b5e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vimal,

Hope you are doing great.I dint find the parameter \jspm\inbox in jspm_config.txt. I gues the path G:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in should be mentioned as the value for this parameter. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes correct

Try as login to sidadm

go.bat “-config=\jspm\inbox=G:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in

Check whether the trans directory is accessible by sidadm..

this question might be very stupid... Please check whether the SCA files are updated and compatible to yoru existing SAP version...

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vimal, there are two files present in the JSPM directory one is go.bat and the other as startgui.bat, I fired the command as suggested by you above and then double clicked on startgui.bat still no use. I still cannot see any files while selecting SUPPORT PACK STACK option on JSPM. Also it is to inform you that I have mentioned G:\usr\sap\trans\EPS for the parameter DIR_EPS_ROOT and the same is assigned to /jspm/inbox in the jspm_config.txt file. I dont know what else is missing.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vimal, it is very strange to see that when I start the JSPM it throws this error

The J2EE engine not running. Start it and then resume. If the J2EE engine cannot be started you can continue with the deplyment.

Note:- The J2EE engine is running nicely and all the processes SDM,Dispatcher and server0 are also running good.

Why is it throwing this error J2EE engine not running. Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vimal, I checked the SDM logs and found the following

Error: Aborted: development component 'tc/slm/interfaces'/'sap.com'/'MAIN_NW701P10_C'/'4023934'/'1', grouped by :

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [qerossm] with user name: [J2EE_ADMIN]

Check your login information.

Exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: cannot establish connection with any of the available instances

Nested exceptions are:

com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: 192.168.1.194 and port: 50004

Note:- Earlier I tried to maintain a password for the J2EE engine which I was not able to. May be this might be causing the trouble. Please suggest if this is the reason

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh