Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log every change done by a user on a given Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would like to know is there any Third party tool or Tcode in SAP where i can log every action, done by a User X in my PRD system on a given day.

I should be able to see all the changes perfromed in the system by this user.

Can VIRSA, APPROVA etc etc get me this functionality ?

All your inputs would be rewarded for sure.

Br,

Sri

6 REPLIES 6

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please notice that such a functionality might violate existing (data protection) laws in certain countries. You might also get into trouble with work councils; usually it will be required to request an approval prior to deploying and using such functions.

ABAP systems allow to track the invocation of transactions, reports and (remotely called) function modules using the Security Audit Log. In addition it is possible to evaluate change records. Both is intended to perform (system) audits. Those tools are not intended for surveillance purposes (and do not provide detailed information which would allow to perform such) .

Regards, Wolfgang

-

Added remark:

see <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/139418">SAP Note 139418 (and related notes)</a>

0 Kudos

Thanks Wolfgang for the Input.

So is it an indication to SM19 and STAT where the audit logs get generated are the only possible, Better tools for the requirement....

Br,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

The OLD Reverse Business engineer was able to be configured in such a way that you could retrieve such info, but i do not know what the ststus of thsi tool is today

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check other options as Virsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

depending on your requirements, Virsa Firefighter might be an option. It provides controlled superuser access. All activities you perform as a "firefighter" will be logged, essentially based on STAT info and change docs. It is no solution for day by day usage but only for emergengy or other super user cases.

Regards,

Dominik

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would also recommend looking at FireFighter. I don't think you can find similar functionality elsewhere.