cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading archived files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey experts,

i'm trying to read the archived files. When i look on the SAP Server with AL11 in the Folder, there are no archived files, bute the file "800JOBLG" gets updated. So i think, that my archived files are filled into this file in a table.. is that right?

If no, where are my files?

If yes, how can i now get the archived files and even have a look at them? when i look into my table yrs_cont1 (copy of sdokcont1) there are entries, but the column "CLUSTD" i can't see. is that normal? is there any possibility to look at my files?

oh i forgot, it's allways PDF files.

hope for your help!

best regards,

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JonathanM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

From SAP and tranasction AL11, your are only accessing a view of the available folders.

You do not see all of them, altough those exists physically.

Please ask your basis team to map the folder where you save your data with a new SAP-directory.

If you know the folder path and have enough authorizations, you could try to create it yourself from AL11 in the ALV bar, button "Configure".

Best regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

i have SAP_ALL so i think i have enough authorizitan. can you guide me please?

the Folder is: /usr/sap/ABCD/SYS/global in which my repositorys should store.

Thanks,

Regards,

Mathias

EDIT:

i just thought again about what i was saying.. i can see the Folder where the files should be stored. and when i doubleclick on the Folder, there are nor archived files, just 2 files: 100joblg and 800joblg, which gets updated when i Archive a file.

is it possible that the files don't get saved?

JonathanM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

For this you have to specify:

• a directory name: /usr/sap/ABCD/SYS/global
  • a parameter name: ZDIR_MYFOLDER
  • a servername: all

Then click save and the link should appaer in the list.

Double-click on it and see the result...

Cheers

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

i just tried it and i'm just seeing the same as if i would click directly to that Folder 😕

but the files i still not see.

regards

Mathias

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to check whats the transfer directory for your content repository.

If you open your repository in OAC0 you'll see where the data is writen during the WRITE job.

The default location will be /ust/sap/<SID>/SYS/global as mentioned before but in theory it can be anywhere specified in OAC0. Also paths and formats are maintained on the FILE transaction.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

i created the Content repository, so the path i wrote is the path which is in OAC0.

but i can't find any file.. but when i look at TOA01 i see new entries. So why can't i see the files on the Server?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only reasonable explanaition will be that no data was selected for archiving using whatever variable you used. Check the spool created during the WRITE session for information about the selected data

You can always test your repository using the EXAMPLE archiving object

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

how can i checkt the spool created during the write session?

what do you mean with using the example archiving object?! sry, but i don't really understand

regards,

Mathias

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can test your archiving procedures and content repository by using archiving object EXAMPLE in transaction SARA.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you guide me please? i'm in Transaction SARA and took EXAMPLE as archiving object.. how can i now test MY Content repository?

regards, mathias

JPReyes
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

hm..that doesn't help me much, because i don't really understand what i have to do. i startet the writing, and now i have some files in the global Folder. meanwhile i had to Change the Folder to "TMP" as a wish from my Boss.. but in that Folder there are None ot These files i created with write.

sry, i'm totally confused with this

regards, mathias

JonathanM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

Your title is also confusing for us. Are you trying to make a file on the server or making a document directly saved in the archives?

If this is a file on the server, then you'll find it back on the server in the folder you specified (transaction AL11). In the ABAP code, you'll find somewhere the statement OPEN DATASET... TRANSFER... CLOSE DATASET.

If the file is saved in the archives, then the transaction SARA is used to configure the archiving. This happens most of the time through the printing from forms etc.

I hope this could give you a clearer picture.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry!

i'm trying to archive the outgoing document when i create an order. so i want that SAP saves the outgoing document in the folder /tmp on our SAP server.

that means, when i create an order in SAP there's a message that makes the document archived (saved) in Folder /tmp. i use Transaction ME9f to give out the message. there i get no error, in SM58 i also get no error, in SMQA it's the same. so in my mind, after using ME9F there has to be a file in Folder /tmp. but there is nothing!

the configuration with SARA isn't clear to me, sorry.

perhaps i'm trying to find the OPEN DATASET in abap code...

i'm so confused.....

regards, Mathias

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, that is not called archiving so SARA is not going to help you. That is simply dumping a copy of the order in a specific path.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

why is that not called archiving? i'm using archivelink and created a Content repository...

regards, mathias

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm confused now.

Can you explain what sort of repository are you using?... is it just file system or HTTP?..

What documentation are you following?

Regards. Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Juan,

here is my Content Repository:

documentation?!

regards, Mathias

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I finally got your question..

So i think, that my archived files are filled into this file in a table.. is that right?

Your storage type is "SAP System Database" and your contents table is YRS_CONT1. So if the table is been filled then it should be working.

how can i now get the archived files and even have a look at them?

Well, simply call the archived content by going to the relevant transaction an pully the archived document. Right?

Regards, Juan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

ADK (Data Archiving): http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4d/8c7807910b154ee10000000a42189e/content.htm?frameset=...

and

ArchiveLink (so called Optical Archiving)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4c/e65a717e173ec6e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

are two different topics.

But for the main question:

1) The directories maintained in the OAC0 for a specific content repository are only used when you store or retrieve a document. The content itself is stored in the content repository itself and not on these AS locations. (F1 helps will help in the fields in OAC0. )

2) If you want to use database type repository for ArchiveLink just check note 595563.

But cluster tables like SOC3, SDOKCONT1, etc are not suitable for direct retrieval. You should search for a suitable (released ) CMS API function module (SCMS*), or ArchiveLink FM (ARCHIVOBJECT*) which does what you need. (ArchiveLink uses the KPro Content Management Service (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4c/fcc40799715c4be10000000a42189e/content.htm?frameset=...) interface, when dealing with content repositories.)

Best regards,

Janos

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks to all of you,

i finally solved my Problem, after i finally understand where my problem was.

I now use SCMS_AO_TABLE_GET to get a table of the raw data, and after that i use CONCETANETE to make a xstring out of the table. that xstring is perfect for presenting the pdf-document!

Thanks to all!

Best Regards,

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

Here is some information in regards to outgoing image archiving.  As you need to use SAP Content Server, or a 3rd party archivelink solution for image archiving scenarios, you are not going to be able to see linked images in a "tmp" directory. 

Please go through all of the steps listed in the supplied link to try and determine what is missing in your configuration.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps i shall explain my Problem from another side:

when i create an order, the order document should be archived in Folder /tmp on the SAP Server. after different Problems, i  could test it with program RSHTTP90. and it says, that the test was OK.

so i tried to Archive a real order document, i don't get any expections, Errors or anything like that. So i think the archiving process works! when i control the TOA01 after creating an order, i can see that there is a new entry in this table. Doesn't that mean, that the archiving process was successful? in table yrs_cont1 (a copy of SDOKCONT1) i also have a new entry after the order creating process. But i can't find any file in the Folder /tmp.

Is there any possibillity to read the Archive with funcions oder bapis? perhaps i can see the files there?

Or is there any other Point, i could have forgotten to configure? but if that would be true, i should have got an error in any case, shouldn't i?

regards, Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Juan,

welcome to my world!

i created a Content repository for archivelink and a document-type. i also created the linking. then i created a message-type which uses my document-type and is just for archiving the order document. this message-type is allways called when i create or change an order.

do you understand what i explained?

regards, Mathias

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

Could you verify your configuration with the information below. Look what value has been maintained under transfer directory.

ContentRep: <name of your content repository>

DocumentArea: ArchiveLink

StorageType: HTTP content server

PROTOCOL: nothing

Version no: 0046

HTTP server: <your IP address>

PortNumber: <your port>

HTTP script: /ContentServer/ContentServer.dll (if CS is installed on Windows)

Transfer drct: only needed for print lists (must be a directory on SAP application server)

OutputDevice: ARCH (for example)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepak,

please have a look at the Picture above. There's my configuration.

I don't use HTTP content server, i'm using the database from the SAP system.

regards,

Mathias