cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP implementation using MCOD (multiple components on one database)

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are going to implement SAP MOCD concept in our organization. Here  my doubt is after completing the installations can we take the BACKUP  and RESTORE  separately for each instance if yes can you please share me the procedure.

Thanks

R@J...!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

You can have any number of DB instances running in a single server ...

Suppose if you are using oracle having two instances running in a box say like ABC and DEF are those two instances.

If you are in windows environment, you can login using sidadm and trigger the backup/restore... based on the environmental variables ,initSID.sap  & initSID.ora files, backup and restore files will be backup/restored....

Each instances are differentiated using the environmental variables...

To make it simple, just login to the corresponding sidadm or orasid(in case of hpux or linux or aix....), and trigger the backup/restore.. It will work.

You cant have SAME oracle SID for single instance.....One Oracle Instance is assigned for each login ...

I hope this information helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply vimal but am here i have one doubt i have installed DEV and QAS on one database with the concept of MCOD so now when am going to take the backup of DEV i got the QAS backup also so how can i take the single system backup in MCOD.

Thanks

R@J...!!!!

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Please let us know how you have initialied the backup.

You have logged in using which user ???

What are the steps you have performed for the backup.???

You  are using Brtools or any other external tool for backup???

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi vimal,

actually here we have two instances using one common database. so here i logged on with SIDADM only and i took the backup using BRTOOLS only. and followed the common procedure to take the backup as u know that using options in BRTOOLS.

Thanks

R@J>>>

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

As described in SAP  Note 388866, As its one database only you cannot take backup for separate Instance viz DEV and QAS using brtools.

If you want to use standard SAP tools ( brbackup), you make take tablespace backup which is specific to DEV and QAS respectively. You may get a list of tablespaces using the SQL command

select * from v$tablespace;

Another alternative is to take Export of individual instances using R3load method.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Refer this  Note 388866 - Multiple Components on One Database - Installation

This should answer your queries.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please view

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2058299

The procedure for restore/recover in MCOD is described in the chapter "Tablespace Point-in-Time Recovery" of online manual

"SAP Database Guide: Oracle".

You can find it under :

http://service.sap.com/dbaora -> Media Library -> General -> "SAP Database Guide: Oracle", Release 7.00

Also check the SAP Note 399910 - MCOD: Deleting a component (ORACLE)