cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error handling in sender file channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In one of my scenario, we are sending files with header and details information to PI.

But sometimes these files contain only header and failing in message mapping.

Do we have any kind of mechanism in sender file channel to handle such files which does not contain any data except header?

We don’t want to receive alert for such failures, so trying to handle this in sender channel only.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Navneet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Write a condition in receiver determination , if header and details exist then call next step otherwise ignore it.

This is right way to handle instead of doing at Adapter level.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are many ways to handle this situation. You can also used enhanced interface determination and check the condition whether data exists or not in the mapping and choose the target structure accordingly.   This way you decide target structure with showing some message text showing that data does not exist on the sender side. If the data exists then default your target structure if not your customized another message structure. Raja already pointed another approach receiver determination check.  Though I like Adapter engine xml validation , it might also cause some performance issues at runtime.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

I think you have mentioned <Header,1,Details,*> in Recordset Structure parameter if FCC. I think it would be better if you handle this by XML validation of Adapter Engine like below blog:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d026d253-3108-2c10-69a0-a5460fc1f...

Anyway if you want to stop further processing, you have to raise exception and Alert email will be triggered. You can not just skip the file.