cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC6.0 Ehp6 IDES post installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I am newcomer in SAP basis, could you suggest complete post-installation steps, ie from the very beginning...

In another words:

- what login/pass should I use to login to the system

- what steps should I perform for the normal work of the IDES

- how can I improve overall system performance (t-codes precompilation, DB maintenance etc.)

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleks,

1. In the clients 000/001 you can logon with DDIC and SAP* with the password you have defined at the beginning of the installation as 'Master-Password', in the clients 8xx with the password 19920706 / 06071992 and in all clients with IDADMIN / ides

Note 1244548 - IDES ERP 6.0 ECC 6.0 SR3

2. just schedule the standard jobs in Sm36 and monitor the growth of database and archive log. (you can also keep the archive log off mode to avoid the disk usage). for basis post installation steps look into the below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2012/07/19/sap-basis-post-installation-ste...

3. for performance: please let me know how many users will use this system and tell me your system configuration.

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleks,

If you have access to service.sap.com/support, then you can download the latest kernel.. Please follow the below steps.

1.http://service.sap.com/swdc->SAP software download center -> Support packages & Patches -> A to Z Index -> K -> SAP Kernel -. Choose your kernel version and download it.

Steps to upgrade the kernel in windows is available in the following link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70d8838d-cb8f-2c10-7ab8-d1504670f...

http://www.sapbasismania.net/2012/05/how-to-update-sap-kernel-on-windows.html

You have stop the SAP system and its services before upgrade of the kernel.

2. You can find the instance profile in the following location

/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile... You can find a profile named SID_DVE******_hostname

You have to restart your SAP system to have the profiles changes effective...

Regarding tunning of sql server, I dont think it is required...

Your system will be able to take care of it.

Thanks and Regards,

VImal

Former Member
0 Kudos

VImal, Thank you for the reply!

Could you suggest about Java version I need to have installed? At the moment I have j2sdk1.4.2_38-x64, is it enough for the system or I need more modern version?

And... do I need to copy/create a new client from 000 or I can use client 800?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aleks,

If you are ABAP only the Java mentioned is OK.

If you are using Java SAP does nto JDK any more please switch to SAP JVM 4.1

Kind REegards,

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to use SAPJVM 4.1 for both ABAP and JAVA...

Because normal JDK is not supported by SAP anymore... See the below note are for your reference.

Note 1495160 - SAP JVM as replacement for Partner JDKs 1.4.2

In case if you are having ABAP+ JAVA or JAVA, then in addition you just need to update few parameters in the config tool...Please see the below note.

Note 1603093 - SAP JVM 4.1 parameters NetWeaver 2004 and 7.0

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vimal, thanks for the useful suggestions and links...

Ok, I have successfully updated SAP kernel. Will take a look on the notes and probably replase Java.

Could you give a piece of advice about SAP clients... ie, can I use client 800 or I need to make a copy from 000 to 500 for instance and use it instead? Is there any tricks I need to know, because I have only 150Gb left on the disk, and if it will be a full copy of the data (pay attention that this is IDES, ie not blank system), I need to make sure somehow that I have enough disk space available for such procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to use 800 client itself...IDES comes with 800 client default for the users to work on.

If you are still feel to have a new client,, then you can create a new client like 500 using SCC4 and do a local client copy using SCCL.

But If I would be in your position, I would choose to work in 800 client.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Can you help me out in installing IDES for ABAP. So, that i could practice ! Please, help me out with the steps and also i couldn't find the tool to instal IDES.

Please, help me out anyone!

Thank you,

Ramesh J.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Thanks for writing to me. The installation is performed by standard SAP Tool SAPinst.

If you have a S-user you should be able to download and use it.

Kind Regards,

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Thank you, for your suggession. I would really appreciate you on this.

Hope you you people are doing real good.
I got a quick question for you , please guide me on this.
Very recently i got into Genpact as a Business Analyst Role, which is very interesting. I was previously trained on SAP-ABAP in local institute, i would like to get myself updated in SAP.
Could you please, suggest me is there any course that i could take up to upgrade myself in SAP apart from ABAP.

I would be expecting a better response from you. Hope, you got my point.
To keep you posted,  i would be working more on MS EXCEL,MS PPT,Macro, in VBA tool &  Sending reports and so on.....!

Thank you,
Ramesh Jeevanand.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont go for client copy, Since the IDES is huge and even the client data will be huge.

Pls use the existing client 800.

BR,

Prabhakar