cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Outlook View in NWBC 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to display Outlook 2007 in NWBC 4 .

It was so easy through NWBC1 but now i can't in NWBC4.

Please Help.

Appreciate your quick reply

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kathy

There's an option, which we're actually using today. MS Exchange has a feature called Outlook Web Access (aka Outlook Web App). Once your Exchange Admin enable it; you will be able to access the email via Web link (vs Outlook). We paste this Web link to our Side Panel so that the user can call up the email whenever it's needed. It blend it quite well with NWBC ..

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Wow! I didn't know that. Because we don't officially support it, I haven't ever tested it.

OK - I've marked your answer correct Damean - hope it works well for you Kathy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Damen ,

Thanks for your reply . Could you please clarify steps needed exactly to activate it as you said ?

and how to get the mentioned link

thanks

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kathy

This Outlook feature is called "Outlook Web Access" and typically has be set by somebody with the Microsoft  Exchange Administrator security privilege. There's just way too many variations in Exchange for me to explain here ... for further info, see the MS Knowledge Article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830827

REgards

Damean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damean,

Can you explain how incorporated in NWBC ?

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Damean,

Can you please provide a document to incorporate in NWBC.

Thanks In Advance

Reagrds,

Naresh

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naresh

Regrettably, we have migrated away from Outlook to Gmail; so I lost most of my documentation. 

Anyway, there're multiple way that this could be achieved. The easiest way is to asked your MS Exchange\Outlook to enable the the " Outlook Web Access" function.  Once that's done, all you need to do is just to add the HTTP address for the Outlook Web access function to NWBC (E.g. using PFCG Role; or using your static Side Panel)

The other way to achieve this is using BSP or other 3rd Party portlets (see Julie's discussion below). 

HTH ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your swift action.

Can I know below Points

1)which chipset & web Dynpro Page to configure in PFCG Role.

2)What is the static Side Panel?

3) I am unable view the side panel in NWBC INDEX Page How can I configure? ( I can able view the Side Panel in Tractions like MM03)

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Naresh

Message was edited by: Nareshredy Eluvala

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Naresh,

1) You should be able to use a Web chip. You don't need a specific WD app. (Each Side Panel app. is a separate  configuration of a WD app (WDR_CHIP_PAGE or similar, ims).

3) You can only view side panel in a SAP gui transaction or WDA application, not in an Index Page. Theis is because a side panel usually displays _contextual_ information, specific to the data in the main app. In the indexpage, there is no main app.

AT preesnt, index pages are not flexible. However, in a future release, we will be offering a choice of "home" or "index" pages - eg Page Builder entry page. Since these use the same chips as side panels, you may be able to achieve the desired result using Page Builder.

Hope this helps, Julie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

I was able to make this work using the following portlet:

http://www.dashbits.com/wp/

- then scroll down till you find "Microsoft Outlook - Email" or similar.

Please note, however, that this is 3rd-party, so we can't provide any support for it.

Best wishes;
Julie.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am sorry, Kathy. This is not supported in NWBC 4.0.

Best wishes,

Julie Plummer.