cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.3 Performance

0 Kudos

Hi Team ,

We are currently using SAP PI 7.1 Version and the customer is intrested to go with SAP PI 7.3 version ,

Can any one share , Is there any better  performance involved in PI 7.3 version .

Can i know the approximate volume that PI 7.3 can handle .

Regards,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be honest, I have not come across any real life benchmark results around performance of PI 7.31. Though most of the transition phases in business create a bottle neck on performance layer. 

For time being, you can refer my reply at below link..

Need help on PI sizing

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

0 Kudos

Thank Sunil ,

Can you tell an approximate volume that SAP -PI 7.3 can handle .

We are trying to load a 20 MB XML file in SAP PI , where this is the only scenario which is going to run weekly and no other parallel scenario will be running .

Advance thanks for your reply .

Regards,

Arun.

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally, though the message size recommendation is (1-5MB), PI can handle bigger files.

I dont see any issue with processing of 20MB file, we have been sent 50MB+ with AAE.

Alongside you can keep watch one best practices in sizing and performance tuning here if the transactions are critical in terms of data troughtput.

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

When you are thinking to move PI 7.3 there are number of fafotrs to consider , no where mentioned that PI 7.3 gives better performance than PI 7.1

PI 7.3 has new features ,Advanced adapter engine limitations almost resolved and product has more stability and many factors..

Performance is depend on number of factors like design,hard ware....

Yes, you may see difference in performance in PI 7.3 but PI7.1 also can handle 20mb files easily.

Thank you,

Raj

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You have so many advantages not only Performance but somany others.

See the below thread discussion and link there.

advantage of upgrading pi 7.1 to pi 7.3

Moreover, as it is bypassing the IE so reducess the processing time means that automatically performance improved.

Regards,

Sreeni.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

please check this link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3285304

if  you go for single stack java only you can achieve good performance.

Regards,

Muniyappan.