cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we support subcontracting without a production order / BOM in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks - I have an requirement from user that ,how to support subcontracting without a production order/BOM in SNP?

Pls let me know how it is feasible in SNP to achieve this?

Cheers

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ganesh, as far as I know, if you have a t-lane with type 'subcontracting' but no relevant SNP PPM/PDS, subcontracting orders will not be created. As long as you want ot use subcontracting, it is anyway expected a PPM/PDS. Otherwise, the simple external procurement is enough ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ada -  Indeed i knew that without PDS subcontracting is not possible, just need to know if any possibility in SNP.

Debashis - My requirement is with SNP only, however good to know info that you provided .

Im closing this thread. Thanks all for your support on this.

Cheers

Ganesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team - Apologies for the typo error "production version" not production order .

i.e my query is the below

How do we support subcontracting without a production version / BOM in SNP

However i knew that PDS is the source of supply in APO and Production version provides basis for generating PDS so ideally without production version it is not possible. But still need to know if any possibility.

Cheers

Ganesh

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Ganesh,

Please Go through the  below link  and attached Document in the link, It may Help You.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-36250

It demonstrated that the combination of Subcontracting Without Source Location in PP/DS with

subcontracting components (materials provided to the subcontractor) with MRP-based Detailed Scheduling

does not need the following master data in the SAP APO system:

 Transportation lane for the ordered product

 Production process model (PPM) or the Production Data Structure (PDS) in the destination location

Regards

Debashis