cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP Trap Alert configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to configure sending SNMP Trap Alerts from CCMS and have configured my solution manager system as per note

585110 - RZ20: Sending alerts as SNMP traps.

I have also gone through the document with the SNMPLIB archive. When I start the auto-reaction method for one of the monitors where an alert is generated (it has the method CCMS_OnAlert_SNMP_TRAP) assigned to it, dev_cp gets updated but doesn't give any concrete information if the alert was sent out.

Can anyone suggest if there is any method to verify if the alert is sent out or not?

Thanks and Regards,

Karan Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what about

RZ20 -> Activate maintenance ->

under view -> status auto reaction?

And also I got this also, might be helpful for you

Displaying Received SNMP Traps in the Alert Monitor (SAP Library - CCMS Agents)

Please check

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The Status of Auto reaction is checked and ready.

As per my knowledge, the link you provided would help if SNMP Trap alerts are sent to a recipient configured on an SAP system with SAPCCMSR.ini configured appropriately. Only then would we be able to view it in separate monitoring segment.

Our sending system is Solution Manager and recepeint system would be a third party monitoring console.

Also the configuration proposed is for earlier systems where CCMS agents were setup separately. Now agents are being setup implicitly using RZ21 (which uses sapstartsrv).

Thanks and Regards,

Karan Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This was resolved after ensuring that trapsend executable from the SNMPLIB archive was placed in the kernel directory which is defined by DIR_EXECUTABLE.

This parameter has got modified from /sapmnt/SID/exe to /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/exe and hence trapsend wouldn't work.

Apparently SM49 command SNMP_SEND_TRAP executes fine even if the executable is present in either of the exe directories.

Thanks and Regards,

Karan Shah

Answers (0)