cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Originals as attachment in CVI8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I am trying to distribute the document created in cv01n with attachment by using APP as * and communciatio type as int. Howevr i get the error message as below.

This points to the physical path setting i do in transaction File : Document Distribution

File E:\GLOBAL\ARCHIVE\IE5CLNT01000000000000000000014.X cannot be opened

Message no. 26107

Any suggestion/solution ?

Regards,

Sangeeta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sangeeta,

If you have done all the steps correctly, then CVI8 should distribute the documents to respective recipients.

If it is not happening, then run transactions SWEL/ SWE2/ SWI1 and check if it is triggered and working fine. Check for RFC information as well.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, I suggest you to discuss with your workflow consultant.

You may also read: https://scn.sap.com/people/khusro.habib/blog/2011/12/28/send-dms-document-attachments-in-mail

I hope, it helps you.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

Thanks for your response. In our case CVI8 is working and distributing documents to respective recipients as well. The problem is if i want to distribute with attachments. I have already gone through all the possible links in SDN; and the mentioned link suggests development where as this is possible in standard without development and  there is where i am facing problem.

My issue is distributing originals as well and  the issue is not of distributing the DIR information.

Regards,

Sangeeta

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta,

the mentioned link suggests development where as this is possible in standard without development and  there is where i am facing problem.

It is really possible to distribute documents along with attachments with standard. No development required. If you can share the screen shot from CVI8 , I can provide some help.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sangeeta,

this is possible in standard without development

Yes, this feature is part of standard system. I have done these things during my implementations. I even tried to replicate on my sandbox system. It works fine.

You should discuss this with your workflow & basis consultant.

I believe that You might already have all required authorizations. Even then once again cross check.

After executing CVI8, as soon as system throws error, execute SU53 to capture the authorization that you have/ do not have.

Sangeeta Khurana wrote:

the mentioned link suggests development

Yes it is development, in case you need some enhancements to your workflow, you can refer this. I didn't really mean that, you go for development, to have this functionality. This functionality is part of standard system. In case if you want to modify the existing workflow, then you can refer the link, I shared with you.

Best Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

Thanks. The problem was in the setting in transaction File.

Regards,

Sangeeta

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sangeeta,

Good to know that your issue is now resolved.

Please close this thread.

Best Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta,

Is the document check-in to DMS Repository ?

Also how is the configuration done for content repository ?

Refer link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Document+Distribution+(CA-DMS-DCD) for more details on Document Distribution,

Also refer link http://scn.sap.com/thread/1351950 for some basic configuration steps

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks Deepak for the response.

This is check in to content -repository. I quiet dint get you when you say how is the configuraton done for content repository?. Also I have already referred the mentioned links. This does not solve my issue. 

Regards,

Sangeeta

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta,

From the configuration perspective I need to know whether content server is configured or not.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the content server is configured and its working fine no issues there at alll.

the issue is only if send the document  through CVI8 with attachment. Without attachment this works fine. But with attachment that is on entering  relevant category in application in the transaction CVI8 i get this problem.

Regards,

Sangeeta

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta,

Could you share the screen from transaction code CVI8 to understand the values entered.

Regards,

Deepak Kori