cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of SAP Standalone gateway with Right Fax appliciton

dennis_crampton
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good day, I am trying to configure a faxing solution with RightFax connecting to a ECC 6.0 system. I want to connect SAP to the Right Fax host via a standalone gateway installed on the RightFax host, not via our ECC CI. I need high availability so i will user a load balancer between SAP and Rightfax to distribute the work to the two Right Fax hosts.

We have used this configuration on may other connections from ECC. With RightFax connecting via a standalone Gateway the connection keeps dropping every few hours, Error: program  "RIGHTFAX_XXX200.sapgate not registered." . I connect via the CI the connection appears to stay up for multiple days. We want to eliminate the outbound traffic and load volume from hitting our CI.

I wonder if anyone has utilized Right Fax using a standalone Gateway on the RightFax host? 

Cheers,

DC

Message was edited by: Juan Reyes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dennis_crampton
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks you for the reply. The issue we are experiencing is that with the standalone gateway the registration handshake is dropped consistantly on the Right Fax Windows host after a few hours. We must manually retstart this process. We have several connections to external systems that utilize this configuration, a standalone gateway on the remote host. this is the only host(s) where I have expereienced the gateway drop connectivity.

Thanks, for the replies.

DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dennis,

Were experiencing the exact same issue at our office, were you able to resolve this ? And if so how ?

The SAP/Rightfax connection is dropping consistently every few hours or so in our QA Environment, we are going live to production this week and really need to sort this out.

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks,
Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis, the way it works is using the registered server program and you will have to run the below command to run start the program at rightfax server

sapgate --a<RightFax Server>.sapgate -g<SAP system host> -xsapgw<SIN>

You can use webdispatcher in the mix instead of SAP host.

Thanks

Pankaj

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DC,

Please check below link ,it may help you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1890822

you can check the SAP Note No. 353597 for Registering RFC server programs

Best Regards,

Atul